New ESCAPE THE BIG TOP

redrevenger

Going on the breakaway Oct 1-8 to Bahamas. I see there is a new show, Escape the Big Top that you can only book while on board.

Is this worth it? Is it a good show?

It is not a show. It is an Escape Room (google it). You are locked in a room and your team needs to solve a series of puzzles to get out before the 45 minute time limit runs out (and you are sent to the galley to wash dishes).

A lot of time, none of the teams solve the puzzles in time. (Our team didn't).

It is complimentary entertainment.

It is not a show. It is an Escape Room (google it). You are locked in a room and your team needs to solve a series of puzzles to get out before the 45 minute time limit runs out (and you are sent to the galley to wash dishes).

A lot of time, none of the teams solve the puzzles in time. (Our team didn't).

It is complimentary entertainment.

Washing dishes in the galley? I was told that it was folding laundry in the dungeon. Hmm. Maybe walking the plank is a better alternative. [emoji13]

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Aug 5th sailing and tried this venue. It was challenging, yet fun(well, we won with 14 minutes to spare, so that helps) but it also depends on who you are seated with at table before the game( we had a smart and fun family). So if this kind of thing interests you, go for it-no additional cost except your time. 😃

Thanks for the information people. How many people were in each room?

I'm sailing on the Escape on the August 26 cruise and can't wait. Either my kids will absolutely fail or get right through quickly which I believe ages are 11,15,17 I should post our results.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sailing on the Escape on the August 26 cruise and can't wait. Either my kids will absolutely fail or get right through quickly which I believe ages are 11,15,17 I should post our results.

I've read that the teams are usually 8 people.

Edited by POA1

On our cruise, there were 11 teams of 8 in the room. One team solved the room with a few minutes to spare. 45 min limit. They give you the solution at the end.

• 1 month later...

Jest completed it on the Getaway during a European Cruise. We solved it with about 15 minutes to spare, but we have experience with other "Escape Rooms".

In this case, you aren't literally locked in a room. The challenge takes place in a large venue and 6 teams of 10 were divided up. There are multiple simultaneous puzzles to solve, so there is something for everyone to solve, but the pace can be manic, so someone on your team may solve the puzzle you are working on for you before you know what is going on.

The difficulty is slightly easier than a typical puzzle room, but for people that don't have experience solving puzzles where the directions aren't explicitly written out (ie, the game is to figure out what needs to be done), it can be quite difficult.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk