Just off glory

iggyc

Elegant nights were Sunday and Friday - I think - these were our sea days. I meant to keep the funtimes but didn't

Carnival Hub app is great and well worth the $5 per phone to keep in touch with everyone in your group.

I thought the ship was in good shape and the staff was the best I have had on a cruise ship in a long time. Denis in MDR for your time dining is not only a great waiter but very knowledgeable about different drinks. Tuty at the coffee bar on deck 5 was delightful. Yulia in the Alchemy bar was also great. The steakhouse bartender transferred ships but she was fantastic.

We liked the cruise director. The trivia nights in the lobby were a lot of fun. The piano bar was a disappointment. We spent a lot of time there when we cruised on the Breeze. This guy just wasn't funny. Comedy shows were good.

Which ports did you go on shore excursion, or did on your own? How was it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did Stingray sailing with an independent - I think it is called Stingary Sailing. They were great. Small group on a catamaran.

Roatan we did the beach excursion that was $50 a couple and is right off the ship

Belize we did the shark and stingray excursion through carnival and it was fantastic. I thought the boat was a little crowded but the crew handled it well

Cozumel we did Playa Mia beach on our own. That was good except the food wasn't worth it. They do have a great pool and kids pool area

because it was August we tried to stick to beach activities.

overall the ship was in great shape. food was mostly good. the BBQ is not good because they can't smoke meat on board so it just doesn't work. everything else from embarkation to debarkation went very smoothly.

Our only glitch was that we reserved a car through Budget so that we didn't have to hang around the airport all day. Unfortunately they don't have the cars available until someone going on a cruise turns one in. That was a mess.

We did Stingray sailing with an independent - I think it is called Stingary Sailing. They were great. Small group on a catamaran.

Roatan we did the beach excursion that was $50 a couple and is right off the ship

Belize we did the shark and stingray excursion through carnival and it was fantastic. I thought the boat was a little crowded but the crew handled it well

Cozumel we did Playa Mia beach on our own. That was good except the food wasn't worth it. They do have a great pool and kids pool area

because it was August we tried to stick to beach activities.

We did the same ports last April and the nice thing is, it is easy enjoy them on your own. Thank you for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our only glitch was that we reserved a car through Budget so that we didn't have to hang around the airport all day. Unfortunately they don't have the cars available until someone going on a cruise turns one in. That was a mess.

Oh no, we have one rented/or renting one in Jan., will rethink this! Thanks for the heads up!!!

Hi....I was wondering if you flew into Miami Int. or Fort Lauderdale Airport? If so did you use a car service to get to the cruise port?....We have never left from (or been to) Miami cruise port before; so I am unsure of the best transportation for us. We would be flying in early morning of the cruise and going back the afternoon we return. Any suggestions?