El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:49 AM.
Canberra Australia
37,199 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by Womble99
Only Govt employees fly to and from Canberra so why make the flights cheap? Plenty of money there right?
Yeah, captive market.
2,062 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
An Aus cruising website is advertising pacific Eden 4 night cruises from cairns from 199 pp twin. Both depart on a Tuesday but you could make a weekend in cairns

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Australia
1,095 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by Esilef
An Aus cruising website is advertising pacific Eden 4 night cruises from cairns from 199 pp twin. Both depart on a Tuesday but you could make a weekend in cairns

What dates? I'm seeing 4 nights to the Whitsundays leaving 12th September 2017 for $198pp. 4 nights to Fraser Island leaving 3rd October 2017 is $379pp.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
facebook.com/oceangoingcraft

Code:
 Previous Cruises:
Nov 2016       Explorer of the Seas        9 Night South Pacific Cruise
April 2016     Explorer of the Seas       11 Night New Zealand Cruise
Feb 2016       Radiance of the Seas        7 Night Tasmania Cruise
July 2015      Brilliance of the Seas     12 Night Scandinavia and Russia Cruise
Oct 2014       Celebrity Century          11 Night South Pacific Cruise
Feb 2014       Radiance of the Seas       11 Night South Pacific Cruise
Sept 2013      Radiance of the Seas       17 Night Trans-Pacific Honolulu to Sydney
Jan 2013       Voyager Of The Seas        14 Night New Zealand Cruise
Feb 2012       Rhapsody Of The Seas       14 Night Sydney To Singapore Cruise
Nov 2011       Rhapsody Of The Seas       11 Night Queensland Cruise
Feb 2011       Rhapsody Of The Seas       12 Night Fiji Cruise
Oct 2010       Legend Of The Seas          4 Night Indo China Explorer Cruise
Melbourne, AUS
2,790 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by Sparky74
What dates? I'm seeing 4 nights to the Whitsundays leaving 12th September 2017 for $198pp. 4 nights to Fraser Island leaving 3rd October 2017 is $379pp.
They were the only dates I could see.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fletch

Dream as if you'll live forever.....
Live as if you'll die tomorrow.

Nth Queensland
204 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
The Fraser Island cruise jumped up this afternoon , I think there is still a lot of cabin availability , I guess price will prob go back down . I have been checking them daily and sometimes the very next day they are back down to rock bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O Pacific Pearl December 2013
P&O Pacific Jewel Nov 2014
Diamond Princess March 2015
P&O Pacific Pearl - Five Ships Celebration Nov 2015
Celebrity Solstice - South Pacific Islands Dec 2015
P&O Pacific Aria - June 2016
P&O Pacific Eden - November 2016 South Pacific
Celebrity Reflection - December 2016 Carribean Islands
P&O Pacific Jewel - June 2017 Tasmania Dark Mofo
Nth Queensland
204 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
There's also the 3 nighter departing 9 September for scenic cruising to Willis island $169pp twin share inside cabin

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2,062 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by Ru2on
There's also the 3 nighter departing 9 September for scenic cruising to Willis island $169pp twin share inside cabin

Great cruising time got those living in the cairns region.
Nth Queensland
204 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by Fletch1
They were the only dates I could see.

The Fraser Island cruise has a BALCONY price reduced this morning to $249pp.
Strangely the cheapest interior is $379.00
Leaving Cairns 3 october

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melbourne, AUS
2,790 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Those two 4 day cruises from Cairns on 12 Sept and 3 Oct are currently $148 and $149 per person for a twin cabin.......great price!

On that great Oz website.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fletch

2,062 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Had a look at flights to cairns. Expensive from Melbourne as the 3 October is the second week of the school holidays.

I

Canberra Australia
37,199 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by Fletch1
Those two 4 day cruises from Cairns on 12 Sept and 3 Oct are currently $148 and $149 per person for a twin cabin.......great price!

On that great Oz website.
Cannot see the ship staying around the port for as long next season if they do not fill the ship easily without discounting it too far.
Melbourne, AUS
2,790 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by MicCanberra
Cannot see the ship staying around the port for as long next season if they do not fill the ship easily without discounting it too far.
Yes, I would agree with that. We'll gladly have it down here in Melbourne. Slightly different geographic and weather, but we will have it! I go across the West gate bridge a couple of times a week and miss seeing a ship docked at Station Pier.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fletch

Sydney, Australia
13,743 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
Sydney's also been quiet lately.

I guess they thought they'd move it where it's warmer in Winter here, as people often say they want. However yet to see bookings working in these smaller markets unfortunately.
Canberra Australia
37,199 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
We have possible plans of taking advantage next year if they do similar and have the ship in Cairns for a few cruises. we just need a few things to be settled before we commit.
2,062 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
If I had been able to get cheap flights to cairns for the October cruise, I would have been tempted to book. The cruise is cheaper than school holiday child care.
Orewa , Auckland , N.Z.
18,792 Posts
Joined Jun 2001
Originally posted by Esilef
If I had been able to get cheap flights to cairns for the October cruise, I would have been tempted to book. The cruise is cheaper than school holiday child care.
That's amazing ....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DAVID

P&O...12
Princess...11
HAL ...4
Norwegian Capricorn ... 3
RCCL ...2
Cunard ...2
Star Cruises ... 2
Regent Seven Seas ...2
NCL ...1

*Don't be afraid to go out on a limb ... Thats where the fruit is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only "dumb" question is the one you don't ask
Melbourne, Australia
5,239 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
CArnival Cruises have just released some cheap deals. I just booked on the 9 October on the Spirit - 8 nights for balcony guarantee for $1363 for 2 people.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sarah (icat2000)

Upcoming Cruise
Carnival Spirit - 8 nights South Pacific, 9 October 2017. Feels good to cruise again.

Completed Cruises
Ruby Princess TA October 2012| Dawn Princess New Zealand December 2012 | Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean | Celebrity Equinox TA April 2013 | Sea Princess Auckland to Sydney August 2013| Dawn Princess Sydney - Hobart - Melbourne November 2013 |Diamond Princess Tasmania December 2013 | Rhapsody of Seas South Pacific January 2014 | PO UK Arcadia - Sydney to Melbourne February 2014 | Dawn Princess - Melbourne to Auckland March 2014 |Carnival Spirit South Pacific August 2014|Dawn Princess - Melbourne to Auckland October 2014 | Sun Princess - Fiji & New Caledonia December 2014 |Diamond Princess - Sydney to Singapore March 2015 |Caribbean Princess - Iceland TA September 2015 |PO UK Oceana - Mediterranean September 2015 |Pacific Jewel - Eden December 2015 |Golden Princess - Tasmania January 2016 |Diamond Princess - Perth to Singapore March 2016 |Celebrity Constellation - Greek Islands April 2016
Melbourne, AUS
2,790 Posts
Joined Dec 2006
Originally posted by icat2000
CArnival Cruises have just released some cheap deals. I just booked on the 9 October on the Spirit - 8 nights for balcony guarantee for $1363 for 2 people.
I hope Music Manila are on board for you.........best rock band at sea. I went on the Spirit a couple of years ago just to see that band again. The first cruise I did with them, at the start of the cruise there were only half a dozen of us in the lounge listening to them. They virtually played songs by request......we would yell out a song and they would play it. By the end of the cruise, you could not get into the lounge it was that full.

They have the best rendition of Hotel California I have ever heard. They also did a stint during the day up on the open deck near the pool where they played for 2 hours straight with no break!!....great band.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Fletch