About Me

• Interests
    Cruises
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    P & O
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Caribbean

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

molecrochip's Achievements

1,000+ Club

1,000+ Club (7/20)

1. Unless things have changed, you can waitlist for an accessible cabin but only if you have a booking. So book a standard balcony and can waitlist for an accessible balcony. Doesn’t work for anyone who can only travel in an accessible cabin.
  2. No such thing as UK based CCL lines. CCL is an American brand, run by Christine Duffy, owned by Carnival Corp & PLC (run by Josh Weinstein, with Duffy and Ludlow on the board). It has no more sway than any other brand in the group. In this case, you will note that this is a CUK decision (run by Paul Ludlow), a management unit which runs P&O and Cunard. Ask yourself, why is P&O the only brand where you can’t book an accessible cabin online. You can with Cunard and all other brands.
  3. The styling of Sindhu is more casual on Ventura as it was a conversion of the former East restaurant. P&O got things wrong with Ventura. Azura was a lot more popular. East became Sindhi. The Glass House was a conversion of Las Ramblas. There were changes to the Exchange and extra cabins next door. Eventually 17/The White Room both became the Epicurean.
  4. The suggestion has been made to me that there is an issue with the galley that is used for both Sindhu and the bigger dishes served in the Glass House on Ventura. Alternative arrangements have now been made for the Glass House but it’s not practical for Sindhu. If I can find any more information, I’ll share.
  5. I agree, we know what has changed but not why, now, or why just U.K. brands.
  6. It’s not about P&O IT now not showing it on the daily page, that was a temporary quick fix to show the reservation of an Evac Chair. Its rightful place is on the booking confirmation which forms part of your contract with P&O. Changes to booking system like this take longer, in part due to the legal/compliance sign-offs required.
  7. It will always be served. This isn’t a temporary scenario. The food is at edible temperature. It’s kept hot whilst waiting to be served but isn’t supposed to be burning hot by the time you reach your table and start eating.
  8. P&O are trying to engage with customers so it’s resolved earlier than denying boarding. But that may mean cancelling a cruise and refunding the deposit but that should be the last resort. Policies do change. Whenever change happens there will be thousands of people with cruises booked who could be impacted. This appears to be a health & safety change hence immediate introduction. No, P&O have decided that everyone with a power chair requires an accessible cabin. Their ship, their rules. As for potential cancellation, that’s why they are trying to work with their customers to resolve.
  9. P and O do keep back a chunk of seating for special assistance requirements.
  10. Ts and Cs have changed so much you might be right. At one point it was any cruise on sale!
  11. Soon. Cunard release first then P&O.
  12. PE is usually listed as AC and GJ Economy is then ABC DEF GHJ It will therefore appear there is a gap in the visual seat booker but there isn’t in real life.
  13. As always, this is my understanding. Practically, you can’t write a policy excluding some power chairs, not others - it will just lead to confusion and mistakes. Regarding batteries, the size of battery in a power chair is considerably larger than a phone. Yes, both pose a risk, but the power chair is greater. I believe there are containment devices that fit mobile phones where it gets dropped in with, put the lid on and then it burns out. Because of the physical size of powerchair batteries, that’s not possible.
  14. Yes, there have been problems with the introduction of the evac chair process but the accessibility team are well experienced, do understand disabilities, and have worked hard to reduce those issues. It’s not their fault. Poor comms and actual policies sit elsewhere along with the IT issue which overbooked evac chairs, restricting availability initially.
  15. I believe that there is a concern that a lithium battery in a partially accessible cabin could potentially trap a person in the cabin whereas in bigger cabins/those with a balcony offer a better chance of evacuation. Also the smaller cabins would be the most difficult to fight a fire in due to lack of space.

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.