• Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Antartica

Recent Profile Visitors

596 profile views

ToBe's Achievements

Cool Cruiser

Cool Cruiser (2/15)

1. sorry July 20 for both cruises
  2. and the Volendam has a 7 day trip to Canada then returns and does a round trip to Iceland. Both ships start July 4 in Boston
  3. there will be two HAL ships in Boston on July 20.
  4. I have not been following this site since we returned from our Groundhog Day cruise on the Rotterdam March 29-May 6. The ports were wonderful; the cruise was crowded and boring. The entertainment kept repeating and repeating on the 3 five day and 1 seven day legs. We received 5 sets of tiles and 5 chances to see The Origin Store which we had already seen in December. The Origin Story certainly did not replace Lincoln Center. Nothing did. I want to know if anyone has had a choice of hearing classical music on board any cruise lately? We have two cruises booked for next year which will not have repetition and want to know if HAL has found a new way to have live classical music.
  5. We went on a small nature cruise that was very interesting. It is listed on our cruise at the end of March.
  6. It also includes juices like the fresh squeezed juice at the juice Bar? (can't remember what it is called) It does not cover fresh orange juice served by breakfast room service.
  7. The Pinnacle serves lunch on sea days. It is a great value!
  8. I totally agree. Lincoln Center was the best entertainment we ever have had on a cruise ship.
  9. true; we had the surf plan on out recent cruise and could not download some material we needed. We had a broken furnace, and I needed to download information from our neighbors and sign the permission slip to repair the furnace. We got around the problem but the delay meant that we came home to 10 degrees and a very cold home. The furnace was repaired the next day. BRRRRRRRR!
  10. This is true. I am not sure if my math is correct but it seems as if we also got some HIA credit too. Internet is cheaper purchased on line.
  11. We also just got off the Rotterdam after 21 days. We never even tried the music walk since few if any wore masks and we avoided large groups. I am sure the noise would have driven us away too. We did go to Lincoln Center and could stay in the balcony area on Deck 3 to hear the concerts. Perhaps the Have It All promotions with the 15 drink a day limit is also trying to attract a young crowd. That may work with a short cruise. I wonder what it will be like on our 19 day crossing in April. How many non retired folk will be on the cruise? At one time the piano bar would be a wonderful place to hear all kinds of music. At times it was a huge singalong.
  12. We are on the Rotterdam currently and wear our masks but are definitely two of the few.
  13. dollars but no candy You will have a wonderful time. You can also bring colored pencils and journals/ notebooks for them.
  14. I applied for my husband and he received notice that he has the $100 credit. We also had this credit on Princess but we had to submit this discharge papers.Husband is a Vietnam Era vet who served in Korea and his paperwork was done on Thermofax. Thermofax has not held up well for 50+ years and anytime he has to present his paperwork the clerk has no idea what the brittle paper is. It is rather like showing your young family members a rotary dial phone. Thank you n whoever originally posted this information.