Luggage help

bridmo

Hi all

Can someone tell me how the luggage works on Thomson I usually go with P&O and you check your luggage in at Manchester then you see it in your cabin. Do you have to collect it at the airport and take it to your coach to be taken to your cabin

Many thanks

Thanks you I'm flying to Malaga returning from Gran Canaria

Procedure for there, when you drop your bag at the airport going out they will know your cabin no and tag your bag, YOU COLLECT your bag at malaga bag reclaim, take it to your bus and you will next see it at your cabin.

Coming back you will collect your bag from a storage point at the quayside, put it on the bus,take it off the bus at the airport and check it in as normal.

Coming back you will collect your bag from a storage point at the quayside, put it on the bus,take it off the bus at the airport and check it in as normal.

We find this really useful as you get access to your suitcase and can sneak any last minute bits in your case.

Just received a very fast reply from Thomson I also asked about any itinerary changes for the Caribbean and all, at the moment, is looking good. :D:D

I have looked into this for you and I can confirm you and luggage allowance for your holiday would be 7 kg.

Our Product and Planning department have advised that we do not have any plans to change any of our itineraries at present for Winter 17/18, in respect of the recent hurricanes.

Normal terms and conditions apply to these bookings and as far as we are aware, the cruises itineraries will go ahead as planned.

If anything changes in the future, we would contact our guests to advise.

I do hope this helps

Just received a very fast reply from Thomson I also asked about any itinerary changes for the Caribbean and all, at the moment, is looking good. :D:D

I have looked into this for you and I can confirm you and luggage allowance for your holiday would be 7 kg.

Our Product and Planning department have advised that we do not have any plans to change any of our itineraries at present for Winter 17/18, in respect of the recent hurricanes.

Normal terms and conditions apply to these bookings and as far as we are aware, the cruises itineraries will go ahead as planned.

If anything changes in the future, we would contact our guests to advise.

I do hope this helps

Thank,s Roger very helpful, the two Island,s that took a hit on my cruise are St Thomas and San Juan so will have to wait and see. :eek:

Thank,s Roger very helpful, the two Island,s that took a hit on my cruise are St Thomas and San Juan so will have to wait and see. :eek:

P.S have just looked at the P.O forum and i can see they have changed two of there port,s of call.

replace St maartin for St Kitts and Dominica for Antigua.

Think it's all ireverant at the moment but would be disappointed if we could not visit St Maarten, its our favorite just love lunch overlooking the beach but they have a lot more to worry about than us at the moment. Hope that Thomson have a program set-up to aid the locals. Probably wrong to say but we don't now get off the ship in Dominica, used to love Portsmouth but it's not one of our POC next year anyway. Will keep in touch about catching up next year😁

Sent from my b1-720 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the replies

I have just received my e-tickets and it states that have to go to Tui cruises for my labels to be put on then go to bag drop, Manchester airport could anyone tell me where about's this is as I'm at the airport at 4.00am and would like to know where I'm heading

Thanks in advance

Thanks for all the replies

I have just received my e-tickets and it states that have to go to Tui cruises for my labels to be put on then go to bag drop, Manchester airport could anyone tell me where about's this is as I'm at the airport at 4.00am and would like to know where I'm heading

Thanks in advance

There will be staff at the start of the check in queue who will ask if your are on the cruise and put the labels on your cases. You dont really need to look for anyone THEY will find you.

There will be staff at the start of the check in queue who will ask if your are on the cruise and put the labels on your cases. You dont really need to look for anyone THEY will find you.

Thank you for your help:):)

I've just printed out our e ticket and notice it now states on pages 6/7 that if you are flying to a cruise your hand luggage allowance is upgraded to 7kg.
In my experience, that's always been the cabin baggage allowance for cruises flying with Thomsons aircraft. However, I believe that if TUI have "sub contracted" the flight to another carrier then the latter's restrictions apply.

Surprised to read Pensioncruiser's post above that it is being reduced to 5kg as of next September, the same as the allowance for standard package holidays. The response received will be worth noting.

Not sure if it's still the case (no pun intended) but we did one of Thomson's so called premium package hotel deals a few years back (Platinum ?) and the hand baggage was a 7kg deal and the hold luggage 20kg if memory serves.

In my experience, that's always been the cabin baggage allowance for cruises flying with Thomsons aircraft. However, I believe that if TUI have "sub contracted" the flight to another carrier then the latter's restrictions apply.

Surprised to read Pensioncruiser's post above that it is being reduced to 5kg as of next September, the same as the allowance for standard package holidays. The response received will be worth noting.

Not sure if it's still the case (no pun intended) but we did one of Thomson's so called premium package hotel deals a few years back (Platinum ?) and the hand baggage was a 7kg deal and the hold luggage 20kg if memory serves.

Have a look at my post with Thomson's reply WCM they have confirmed that it is still 7kg:D

Have a look at my post with Thomson's reply WCM they have confirmed that it is still 7kg:D

Go it - missed on first look.

How did Thomsons get around to stating that it was reduced in the first place ?

Sounds like yet another example of left hand not communicating with the right.

Go it - missed on first look.

How did Thomsons get around to stating that it was reduced in the first place ?

Sounds like yet another example of left hand not communicating with the right.

Or was it just a misread?

"

LUGGAGE ALLOWANCE

Remember, no single item can top 23kg, and you’ll be charged if you exceed your allowance. You’re allowed one piece of hand luggage measuring no more than 55cm by 40cm by 20cm, and weighing no more than 5kg. To book extra luggage allowance visit https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk

If you’ve booked any of the following holidays and you’re flying with us, or you’ve upgraded to our Premium Club cabin for your long-haul flight, your hand luggage is boosted to 7kg.

Platinum, Premier, A La Carte, Gold, Robinson, TUI Magic Life, TUI Blue, TUI Sensimar, TUI Sensatori, TUI Family Life, Holiday Village, Cruise holidays, or Multi-Centre holidays have 7kg of hand luggage included. Customers travelling in Premium Club on a long-haul flight with us also get 7kg hand luggage allowance."

At first glance 5kg BUT you need to read the full section to realise its actually 7kg, probably caught a lot out over the years.