When?!

So my husband and I just got off our first Carnival (Elation) cruise last week and we are already plotting our next escape! My question is...when is the best time to cruise if we both love sunny and warm (not scorching) beachy conditions (BTW we had rain almost our whole cruise this past time but it was still a blast just hated not being able to enjoy Half Moon)

So my husband and I just got off our first Carnival (Elation) cruise last week and we are already plotting our next escape! My question is...when is the best time to cruise if we both love sunny and warm (not scorching) beachy conditions (BTW we had rain almost our whole cruise this past time but it was still a blast just hated not being able to enjoy Half Moon)

If you want soon, but not scorching, I would do the fall. Good prices too. Hurricanes become more prevalent, but they can be avoided.

When is the best weather depends on what ports you are looking to sail to.

Ex. Bermuda, in May the water is still too cold for many swimmers, but good for warm, sunny days for walking around in shorts to the attractions or just getting a tan on the beach, June through July is ideal beach weather but can get too hot for extended non-water activity excursions, Aug. & Sept are high humidity months but it rarely rains to relieve the mugginess, and Oct is their rainiest month. Nov through April is off season.

While many ports on a Southern Caribbean itinerary have very little weather fluctuation concerning heat and water temperature due to these islands being so close to the equator. But rainy season dates can vary wildly island to island, with the later half of hurricane season (Aug-Nov) having a slightly higher chance of rain for a full day.

Best pricing is generally the first 2 weeks of December. Also good weather (no hurricanes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When is the best weather depends on what ports you are looking to sail to.

Ex. Bermuda, in May the water is still too cold for many swimmers, but good for warm, sunny days for walking around in shorts to the attractions or just getting a tan on the beach, June through July is ideal beach weather but can get too hot for extended non-water activity excursions, Aug. & Sept are high humidity months but it rarely rains to relieve the mugginess, and Oct is their rainiest month. Nov through April is off season.

While many ports on a Southern Caribbean itinerary have very little weather fluctuation concerning heat and water temperature due to these islands being so close to the equator. But rainy season dates can vary wildly island to island, with the later half of hurricane season (Aug-Nov) having a slightly higher chance of rain for a full day.

We really just love laying out on the beach...the water temp is not really a huge deal i normally only take a dip to cool down. I would prefer it not to be extremely hot if we do some of the more walking extensive excursions but being from Alabama prepares me for high and muggy temps.

We always try to cruise in the month of May. The weather is warm enough but not blazing hot yet like the Summer months. Also, hurricane season starts on June 1st, so you avoid the risk of dealing with that. The prices can be a bit lower as well.

Later April and May ..... We always do this. Spring break is over, kids are back in school. Prices drop after spring break and before the oncoming summer school release. Great weather without having to worry about Hurricane season come August on ...... those months give us the best all around experience with good prices and no hurricane risk.

We like February before spring break - we've made it almost through winter and ready for warm weather. Prices are pretty good too. We've also done first week in December; as others have said first 2 weeks in December are cheaper. Enjoy :cool: