Printing airline boarding pass post cruise

Allycat2017

Can I print my airline boarding pass on Ruby before I leave the ship?

Yes, for a fee. Unless you want to check-in 24 hours before, you can also check-in on your phone once in port and have your boarding pass on your smart phone, or print your boarding pass at the airport kiosk.

Can I print my airline boarding pass on Ruby before I leave the ship?

You can but you will need some internet minutes.

Sometimes they will offer 15 minutes or so at the end of the cruise for purchase so that you can print stuff out.

If the system is slow at that time 15 minutes will not be enough. :(

Or, if you are checking a bag, you can get the boarding passes at the airport when you check the bag.

Those who fly on Southwest Airlines want to check in 24 hours before flight time to get their place in line. If they wait until they check-in with luggage, they will likely be among the last to board the plane and then can enjoy their middle seats.

Yes, for a fee. Unless you want to check-in 24 hours before, you can also check-in on your phone once in port and have your boarding pass on your smart phone, or print your boarding pass at the airport kiosk.

We do it this way all the time on the phone.

Tony

Those who fly on Southwest Airlines want to check in 24 hours before flight time to get their place in line. If they wait until they check-in with luggage, they will likely be among the last to board the plane and then can enjoy their middle seats.

And that is just one of the several reasons we don't fly Southwest. Just got back from a trip with a buddy. He flew Southwest, and tried to check in exactly at T-24hrs. He got B5-25. Perfect example of why we don't fly Southwest. Price isn't always the only consideration.

Certainly, if this is the issue for the OP, they are just going to have to spring for some Internet minutes to get some better seats.

Yes. You don't require a cell phone or anything else. All you require are internet mins. and you can do it at sea. Just go to the internet cafe 24 hours before your flight log on and print them out. There used to be a 50 cent charge per printed page. Don't know if this charge is still in effect.

Just pay the $15 for early bird check in and problem solved. No need to be logging on 24 hr before and no middle seat. :D

Yes. You don't require a cell phone or anything else. All you require are internet mins. and you can do it at sea. Just go to the internet cafe 24 hours before your flight log on and print them out. There used to be a 50 cent charge per printed page. Don't know if this charge is still in effect.

If all you need to do is print the passes -- you don't need internet, don't need to wait for a computer in the internet café if you have a smartphone or tablet and know how to use it. No charge.

Just pay the $15 for early bird check in and problem solved. No need to be logging on 24 hr before and no middle seat. :D

This is exactly what we do, especially if we know we are not within our area of included service on our phones. Since the internet is iffy onboard sometimes (it was down on our last cruise the day before our flight), we always purchase the EB (early bird) check in on Southwest for our way home. You can even download your boarding pass onto your cell phone so don't even have to print a boarding pass. There is no better airline in my opinion!

- Flights are usually on time

- Friendly and helpful employees

- Website is easy to navigate

- No charge for luggage

- No charge for change fees / cancellations

- Great and flexible Rapid Rewards benefits

- Takes part in the Luggage Valet programs

- Relatively clean planes (in my experience)

- No longer overbook any of their flights .. so no involuntary bumping

- Carry on luggage size is a little bit larger than many major airlines

- No charge for refreshments / snacks

- Many of their planes are wifi enabled

- Annual drink coupons sent in the mail to many customers

- Early bird check in available for $15 pp

No, I don't work for them in marketing .. I just fly on them a lot and can't think of a bad experience I've had with this airline. Everybody has their opinions, this is mine.

This is exactly what we do, especially if we know we are not within our area of included service on our phones. Since the internet is iffy onboard sometimes (it was down on our last cruise the day before our flight), we always purchase the EB (early bird) check in on Southwest for our way home. You can even download your boarding pass onto your cell phone so don't even have to print a boarding pass. There is no better airline in my opinion!

- Flights are usually on time

- Friendly and helpful employees

- Website is easy to navigate

- No charge for luggage

- No charge for change fees / cancellations

- Great and flexible Rapid Rewards benefits

- Takes part in the Luggage Valet programs

- Relatively clean planes (in my experience)

- No longer overbook any of their flights .. so no involuntary bumping

- Carry on luggage size is a little bit larger than many major airlines

- No charge for refreshments / snacks

- Many of their planes are wifi enabled

- Annual drink coupons sent in the mail to many customers

- Early bird check in available for $15 pp

No, I don't work for them in marketing .. I just fly on them a lot and can't think of a bad experience I've had with this airline. Everybody has their opinions, this is mine.

You forgot that all seats--window, center and aisle--fly to the same airport.

However, you do have to concede to SWA's biggest shortcoming. Passengers do not get a piece of paper (or a digital image on their phone) proclaiming that they have exclusive claim to a particular seat. Most Americans have serious esteem issues and have to be assured that they are so special that they have complete dominion of a particular seat.

Between you and me, I'm surprised that the Early Bird Check-in is still only $15--surprised and pleased. It's a no-brainer for me.

• 2 weeks later...

you can still get your place in line with checking in and not printing

Sometimes when I'm printing out my tickets say for Southwest, I ask anyone waiting to use the computer if they would like to print out their tickets as well. DH and I get free internet minutes so it's nothing for us to help others out. I bought a block of minutes on Carnival and I was on a computer that worked, all the others didn't. I sat there for at least 5 hours printing out tickets for people. Some even tried to pay me, I refused, asked a couple of people to get me a glass of water. Word spread fast. People were complaining about none of the computers working, a Carnival employee was suppose to be there to help. :halo:

Can you put 2 boarding passes on one phone??

I am not aware of the capability, but may vary by airline. I suppose it could be possible if you each have your own airline account and the ability to receive each other's email on the same phone, but then calling them up when needed could be a bit clumsy

However, you do have to concede to SWA's biggest shortcoming. Passengers do not get a piece of paper (or a digital image on their phone) proclaiming that they have exclusive claim to a particular seat.

I initially thought that the lining up to board in numerical order was much like lining up in kindergarten.

But I have come to believe it is better than the assigned seating on most other airlines.

Why?

o On other airlines when the first boarding group is called almost everyone crowds the way so they can be first when it is their group's turn.

o On Southwest, it is very orderly with no jam of passengers blocking the way of those who are supposed to be boarding.