Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php)
-   The M.O.B. (Maniacs On Board) (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=709)
-   -   Next M.O.B. reunion cruise - let's plan! (https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1806085)

Luckysll March 12th, 2013 08:43 AM

Next M.O.B. reunion cruise - let's plan!

Hi everyone. Okay, I want to get this forum going again, so I've started a new thread for us to discuss where/when our next M.O.B. reunion cruise will be.

Here are some ideas I'm tossing out - feel free to add your suggestions or comments (I know you will :D).

Hawaii cruise - round trip or one way (ie Vancouver to Honolulu). I may be cancelling my Hawaii trip for this September, so eventually I want to do a Hawaii cruise. Lots of sea days, too, so we don't have to pack everything into a couple of days.

Alaska cruise - I love Alaska and would go back at the drop of a hat. I'm hoping to do another one in 2014 and take my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids, but something in 2015 would be good too.

The above 2 also give those of us on the West Coast a break from flying across the country. :D Let you East Coasters do the long flights. :p

What about a Transatlantic? I thought of a Mediterranean cruise or Batics cruise, but with them being so port intensive, it wouldn't give us much time for socializing/doing poker crawls, etc. A TA would also allow some to do either a Med cruise before or after the TA or a Caribbean cruise after or before the TA if they wanted.

A Canada/New England cruise - never been on one, so it's on my bucket list.

Poomah March 14th, 2013 08:54 AM

Sandy all of those suggestions sound wonderful. Any of the three would be new to us and Alaska is definitely on our "to do" list.

Hawaii has never been a big priority but if it is a Maniac Reunion we would do it. We will have to keep a close eye out for the 2015 sailing schedules.

Started saving for the next reunion cruise when we stepped off the ship from this one... has proven to be a good habit for us to have.

Well folks - chime right in and lets keep on chatting - still a whole lot of cruising for us to do.

Updates from the other boards-

Morgan doing better - on antibiotics for bronchitis
Lynn - home safely (with snow flurries - sorry Lynn)
Kitty - luggage was found and being returned
Sandy - feeling better
and I am feeling better also.
Sorry for any info I missed or neglected to pass on - didn't write it all down and "senior moments" have set in.

Guess I'd better try to get some of this work done now - desk is piled high!

Ya'll be blessed cruisesisters and brothers!

kparker March 15th, 2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poomah (Post 37531614)
Sandy all of those suggestions sound wonderful. Any of the three would be new to us and Alaska is definitely on our "to do" list.

Hawaii has never been a big priority but if it is a Maniac Reunion we would do it. We will have to keep a close eye out for the 2015 sailing schedules.

Started saving for the next reunion cruise when we stepped off the ship from this one... has proven to be a good habit for us to have.

Well folks - chime right in and lets keep on chatting - still a whole lot of cruising for us to do.

Updates from the other boards-

Morgan doing better - on antibiotics for bronchitis
Lynn - home safely (with snow flurries - sorry Lynn)
Kitty - luggage was found and being returned
Sandy - feeling better
and I am feeling better also.
Sorry for any info I missed or neglected to pass on - didn't write it all down and "senior moments" have set in.

Guess I'd better try to get some of this work done now - desk is piled high!

Ya'll be blessed cruisesisters and brothers!

Gary and I are both feeling better, although we both still have a cough. Happy to hear that Morgan is doing better, Lynn is home safe and sound and kitty's luggage was found.

tracyvansmith March 16th, 2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckysll (Post 37500787)
Hi everyone. Okay, I want to get this forum going again, so I've started a new thread for us to discuss where/when our next M.O.B. reunion cruise will be.

Here are some ideas I'm tossing out - feel free to add your suggestions or comments (I know you will :D).

Hawaii cruise - round trip or one way (ie Vancouver to Honolulu). I may be cancelling my Hawaii trip for this September, so eventually I want to do a Hawaii cruise. Lots of sea days, too, so we don't have to pack everything into a couple of days.

Alaska cruise - I love Alaska and would go back at the drop of a hat. I'm hoping to do another one in 2014 and take my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids, but something in 2015 would be good too.

The above 2 also give those of us on the West Coast a break from flying across the country. :D Let you East Coasters do the long flights. :p

What about a Transatlantic? I thought of a Mediterranean cruise or Batics cruise, but with them being so port intensive, it wouldn't give us much time for socializing/doing poker crawls, etc. A TA would also allow some to do either a Med cruise before or after the TA or a Caribbean cruise after or before the TA if they wanted.

A Canada/New England cruise - never been on one, so it's on my bucket list.

The round trip Hawaii has lot of sea days for us Maniacs

DUCHESSRN March 16th, 2013 02:13 PM

We would love Hawaii , in Ft Lauderdale airport we have both had enough of crowds and teenagers for a while .
Seems Legend is having problems now sad for CCL.

kparker March 16th, 2013 06:06 PM

I would love to convince Gary to go to Hawaii! I've been there but he hasn't!

kparker March 16th, 2013 06:15 PM

Welcome back Breeze Cruisers. Hope you all had a great time on the second leg of your vacation!

DUCHESSRN March 16th, 2013 09:33 PM

Thanks Karen , almost home in Vegas .
Flying from Ft Lauderdale on a cruise ship Sunday is not for the feint hearted.

tracyvansmith March 17th, 2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DUCHESSRN (Post 37568307)
We would love Hawaii , in Ft Lauderdale airport we have both had enough of crowds and teenagers for a while .
Seems Legend is having problems now sad for CCL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kparker (Post 37571495)
I would love to convince Gary to go to Hawaii! I've been there but he hasn't!

Would love it if Carnival would sail out of Vancouver so we could do a fire and ice cruise.

Luckysll March 17th, 2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyvansmith (Post 37578005)
Would love it if Carnival would sail out of Vancouver so we could do a fire and ice cruise.

Well, Disney is coming back to Vancouver, who knows...maybe Carnival will do the same. I never managed to do a fire and ice (so far, only the "ice" part :D), so I'd definitely be up for that one.

tracyvansmith March 17th, 2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckysll (Post 37578830)
Well, Disney is coming back to Vancouver, who knows...maybe Carnival will do the same. I never managed to do a fire and ice (so far, only the "ice" part :D), so I'd definitely be up for that one.

I seen Dinsey just anounced their new alaska dates and I was happy to see they were back to sailing out of Vancouver.

kparker March 17th, 2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tracyvansmith (Post 37578005)

Would love to do Fire and Ice as well. There was once this May on Royal Caribbean Line....fly to Hawaii...cruise the islands...sail from Hawaii to BC (Vancouver) and then it did an Alaskan Cruise. Would have loved to have been able to swing that one.

luv2cruz44 March 18th, 2013 10:07 AM

Hi All,

Home and digging out. At least unpacked and doing laundry.

Although we said we would not do Hawaii again, we also never say never so if the Maniacs plan for 2015, we'd do it! And of course the fact that it would be the Miracle, unless they do send the Miracle to Australia, would make it a Maniac bonus!

sunnylasvegas March 18th, 2013 11:37 AM

Hi everyone! Well, it's been a week since we got back and I think I'm finally over East-Coast time!! I've been so tired at night!

Just thought you'd all enjoy knowing that Ron and I booked the Carnival Conquest out of Miami on Feb 23, 2014--W, Carib and 3 ports we've never been to.

But, first, we now get to start really thinking about our Sept 1 cruise out of Dover, England. So excited about that! We're pretty well booked for everything---just have to start investigating excursions soon.

So, hope al is well and those that came home sick are recovering fast!!

Luckysll March 18th, 2013 02:08 PM

Did a quick search and found an NCL cruise for May 2014 that, if offered in 2015, might be a good one for the Maniacs. Not quite a "fire and ice", but it's longer than a regular Alaska cruise.

It's a 13 day, Pacific Coastal and Alaska on Norwegian Sun. From LA to Vancouver, with ports of call: San Francisco, Astoria, Victoria, Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan.

kparker March 20th, 2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckysll (Post 37598681)
Did a quick search and found an NCL cruise for May 2014 that, if offered in 2015, might be a good one for the Maniacs. Not quite a "fire and ice", but it's longer than a regular Alaska cruise.

It's a 13 day, Pacific Coastal and Alaska on Norwegian Sun. From LA to Vancouver, with ports of call: San Francisco, Astoria, Victoria, Vancouver, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan.

I sure would like to do the Fire portion as well as Alaska. However, that's just my personal opinion. I've never been super excited about going to Alaska. I know it's beautiful and I'd probably love it, but I'm a warmer weather person for sure. If I could have a little of each, that would be ideal for me.

lnew1gd1 March 20th, 2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckysll (Post 37598681)

Sounds good. Would be interested.

Luckysll March 20th, 2013 06:37 PM

Thought I'd add that the 13 day coastal is sort of a B2B. There's the 6 days from LA to Vancouver, then a 7 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver. So for those Maniacs who can't do a 13 day, you could do the 7 day Alaska cruise portion.

I also made the mistake of continuing to look at the NCL cruises. :D They have some that are East coast/Panama Canal/West Coast/Alaska all in one! Anywhere from 13 to 37 days depending on where you start and end! The 37 day one starts in Miami, does a one week Western Caribbean cruise, followed by the Panama Canal and the West Coast and then finishes with an Alaskan cruise! Now that's really a fire and ice!

tracyvansmith March 21st, 2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckysll (Post 37636006)
Thought I'd add that the 13 day coastal is sort of a B2B. There's the 6 days from LA to Vancouver, then a 7 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver. So for those Maniacs who can't do a 13 day, you could do the 7 day Alaska cruise portion.

I also made the mistake of continuing to look at the NCL cruises. :D They have some that are East coast/Panama Canal/West Coast/Alaska all in one! Anywhere from 13 to 37 days depending on where you start and end! The 37 day one starts in Miami, does a one week Western Caribbean cruise, followed by the Panama Canal and the West Coast and then finishes with an Alaskan cruise! Now that's really a fire and ice!

I did not notice that the 13 day one was also offered as two, that is good.

kparker March 22nd, 2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckysll (Post 37636006)

Now the NCL cruise sounds like a winner, although, I'm not sure I could survive 37 days on a cruise! My digestive system would be severely affected I think LOL!