Burbank to San Pedro transportation

I need to get to San Pedro from Burbank. I'm visiting friends in Burbank before my cruise and driving me to San Pedro that day is a problem. I'll probably end up booking a shuttle with Super Shuttle or Prime Time, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any other ideas for something more affordable. Thanks in advance.

Edited by KruzPrincess

• 9 months later...

From downtown LA/USC area, apparently there's an express bus (910/950 Silver Line) that only takes about 40 minutes (9 stops) to San Pedro, near the World Cruise Center. According to Google Map, the bus stop is called Harbor Beacon Park Ride, and from there it's a 7-min (0.4 mile) walk to the Cruise terminal (for berth B93.

Has anyone done this and can confirm the name of the bus stop and if it's in fact a short walk from there to the passenger terminal?

Problem with the Silver line is luggage. It's a regular commuter bus. Plan to have your luggage in your lap. I don't hesitate taking LA public transportation to Long Beach (Carnival), San Pedro is difficult.

metro.net will have the info. Not knowing your age, there are senior rates BUT you need to apply for the senior card. Took Mom almost two months to receive hers.

Two ways depending where you are in Burbank.

Red Line - 7th Street Transfer Station - Silver Line (can continue to Union Station on the Red Line if you need a bathroom)

Or

Ventura Line - Union Station (Silver Line) - San Pedro I used Burbank/Bob Hope airport and Battleship USS Iowa as end points.

Ventura Line is found on metrolinktrains.com. We have several interconnecting systems. One fare but there are some exceptions and exclusions.

Edited by SadieN

Problem with the Silver line is luggage. It's a regular commuter bus. Plan to have your luggage in your lap. I don't hesitate taking LA public transportation to Long Beach (Carnival), San Pedro is difficult.

Thanks for this important tip. I called LA Metro, and the lady told me that luggage is allowed as long as the aisle isn't blocked. She said there are 2 areas for wheelchairs that can be used to stow suitcases (if there are no wheelchairs on the bus, of course). Does that sound right?

Thanks for this important tip. I called LA Metro, and the lady told me that luggage is allowed as long as the aisle isn't blocked. She said there are 2 areas for wheelchairs that can be used to stow suitcases (if there are no wheelchairs on the bus, of course). Does that sound right?

Sounds right BUT be prepared for the worst case scenario. The area is used for wheelchairs and strollers.

Check out the metro link from Burbank to union station. Or metro orange line. At union station transfer to silver line. Or take a lyft. You might also look into super shuttle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Metrolink (metrolinktrains.com) will take you from Burbank Airport or Downtown Burbank to Union Station.

The Metro (metro.net) Orange Line does NOT go to Union Station (it goes Chatsworth to North Hollywood). At North Hollywood you can catch the Red Line to Union Station.

Note that Metro (buses and light rail) and Metrolink (standard commuter trains) are not the same thing.

As for earlier comments about the Silver Line, if its a busy time of day, luggage may be problematic.

Ah ! You are correct. I forgot the red line. Agree trains and bus might be problematic during rush hour.

It is possible to public transport there, I've done it to Long Beach , but it isn't necessarily fun.

Metrolink (metrolinktrains.com) will take you from Burbank Airport or Downtown Burbank to Union Station.

The Metro (metro.net) Orange Line does NOT go to Union Station (it goes Chatsworth to North Hollywood). At North Hollywood you can catch the Red Line to Union Station.

Note that Metro (buses and light rail) and Metrolink (standard commuter trains) are not the same thing.

As for earlier comments about the Silver Line, if its a busy time of day, luggage may be problematic.

The Orange Line bus is not too comfortable for those with luggage. We've done it a few times. Also, going north you'll need to make sure you get in the correct bus. Chatsworth and Warner Center are a few miles apart.

Ah ! You are correct. I forgot the red line. Agree trains and bus might be problematic during rush hour.

It is possible to public transport there, I've done it to Long Beach , but it isn't necessarily fun.

At least one can follow the crowd across the street from the Orange Line to the Red Line. The escalator into the NoHo Red Line Station is long.

I need to get to San Pedro from Burbank. I'm visiting friends in Burbank before my cruise and driving me to San Pedro that day is a problem. I'll probably end up booking a shuttle with Super Shuttle or Prime Time, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any other ideas for something more affordable. Thanks in advance.

You got the best way. I live right at BUR. and that's the best way.

• 1 month later...