Hose vs NO-Hose

I am in the U.K. and have not come across this Megan story before!

It sounds like one of the funny fake news items from the National Enquiry magazine you have over there!

However to join the debate close toe tights (hose) with sandals a definite No.

Very sheer open toe yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to vote for toeless

Panty hose 100%.

They work for not just

sandals but evening heels

also.

You just need to make sure

the shoe had some sort of

band or strap to hide the seam in the hose.

I Don't have 21 year old legs

any more and Can't really

acquire a nice looking tan.

Toeless hose are a life saver

for me.

I do go with naked legs during the day if my gradual

natural tanner worked out

ok.

Tropicqueen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where you’re cruising but please don’t wear hose with sandals. You can use leg makeup or bronzer to smooth out the tone of your legs. My Mom is uncomfortable with her legs so she just wears dressy pants outfits.

I haven’t worn hose in 20 years even in a corporate VP role . I live in FL so they would be unbearable here and more so in the Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing 2 cruises, July in

the Caribbean and a Sept

Med.

Should have some tan by

July, but by Sept. It will be

fading.

Fine gage toeless hose look

very natural.

Unless someone feels your

legs not really noticeable.

I have had squamous cell

cancer and my son has had

Melanoma.

So am very conscious of

how much sun I get.

If your Mom has never seen

or worn toeless hose maybe

You could get her some.

Then she would not have

to be relegated to such a limited selection

of clothes.

Tropicqueen

• 3 weeks later...

I am finding this thread interesting. I wonder how many of the “no hose with sandals” voters wear slips?

I’m in my sixties and still wear slips and occasionally wear sheer toe hose with dressy sandals. It may be old fashioned but it’s no crime worthy of the fashion police .. Lol.

Live and let wear hose or not as you choose!!!

I am finding this thread interesting. I wonder how many of the “no hose with sandals” voters wear slips?

I’m in my sixties and still wear slips and occasionally wear sheer toe hose with dressy sandals. It may be old fashioned but it’s no crime worthy of the fashion police .. Lol.

Agreed! You have to feel comfortable with what you wear! Opinions shared are strictly my own as I assume others are. None of us are experts. My mom and I are avid cruisers and we wear what we love and feels comfortable to us!

Where is that darn “like” button when you need it. Seriously, I wear what I like and hope others do the same. As for the hose-no hose question, no hard and fast rules are necessary.

Where do you even find slips and pantyhose?

Doing 2 cruises, July in

the Caribbean and a Sept

Med.

Should have some tan by

July, but by Sept. It will be

fading.

Fine gage toeless hose look

very natural.

Unless someone feels your

legs not really noticeable.

I have had squamous cell

cancer and my son has had

Melanoma.

So am very conscious of

how much sun I get.

If your Mom has never seen

or worn toeless hose maybe

You could get her some.

Then she would not have

to be relegated to such a limited selection

of clothes.

Tropicqueen

Mom is not “relegated” to anything - it’s her preference. The reason she wears pants is that, like me, she doesn’t like the look of hose with sandals or in the summer at all for that matter. She has had some skin cancers removed leaving scars and self tanners help enough to enjoy Capri pants but not dresses. I have found some amazing self tanners that I use year round living in Florida and love the look and cooler feel of tanned bare legs with summer outfits. Again this is 100% personal choice but we are firmly on team “no hose with sandals”. After more than 30 cruises including 2 Mediterranean we are pretty comfortable with what we like wearing on cruises. :cool:

Edited by caugh51654

I have worn toeless pantyhose before in the evenings. If I am in a dress and open toe fancy shoes, they make the outfit/ look feel "polished".

I agree with PP in that I like how certain dress shoes feel when I am wearing regular hose.

As an aside, I am almost 44 years old and for as long as I can remember - even going as far back as high school - I have always ALWAYS worn knee highs (hose) with casual shoes like ballet flats, etc., when wearing pants. Yes, even jeans.

Edited by welove2cruise2014

Just read on-line that Meghan Markle broke the (British) rule of going bare legged in public by not wearing panty hose..

It was said that this is now a rule in the U.S.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/meghan-markle-broke-this-royal-rule-at-her-engagement-announcement/ar-BBFYR7k?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

I'm considered elderly (by my kids-not me) & have always been told by the kids that I should go bare-legged if I wear sandals.. Therefore, I've been trying to do that, but find it uncomfortable..:cool: When I wear closed shoes I always wear some type of panty hose or knee highs if in slacks or long dresses..

Would I now be in style if I wore hose with sandals, or should I continue to go bare legged with sandals?

BTW I always get Mani's & Pedi's with matching polish..

Well in a previous quote I said about not having seen any thing In UK press about Meghan and bare legs but there is plenty now!

She was seen wearing beige / nude tights (hose) in the wrong shade and the press are having a field day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Well I wear hose in the evenings whilst on a cruise just because I find the air-conditioning so cold and I want to wear my lovely strapless cocktail dresses.

Last time we were in the Caribbean I had to keep going on deck to get warm. Why do the cruise ships do this, surely it uses up lots of energy?

I know my legs look better, and I feel more polished, when I'm wearing hosiery. As far as sandals go, there's an option I haven't seen discussed here yet. How about this:

https://en.vogue.me/fashion/stockings-sandals-trend-balenciaga-altuzarra-celine/

Lately, I've been having fun by pairing my colored and/or patterned hose with sandals. The possibilities are endless.

Of course, it's all up to the individual, her comfort zone and her taste. The only fashion police are the ones in our imaginations.

Last time we were in the Caribbean I had to keep going on deck to get warm. Why do the cruise ships do this, surely it uses up lots of energy?

Because people like you who feel the cold can add layers to keep warm, but it's very hard for someone like me who "runs hot" to keep cool if the air-con is too warm and, believe me, feeling overheated without any way of relieving it is horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

I wear pantyhose or tights everyday for the office or going out to many places. I lived in South Beach (Miami Beach) for years and still did it. My only exception was with sandals. I can’t bring myself to do it. There are sandalfoot hose that work better. I like the pantyhose because, well, it sucks everything in nicely. There, I said it! So, I wish I could get over it and just wear the hose w sandals. My Mom does it. She is older now, but has always done it. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable!