(NEW) DCL Carry-On Alcohol Policy.

Host Mick

We're also doing a B2B this year, and the rule would be that for each leg of your B2B, you're allowed 2 750ml bottles of wine pp or 1 6pk of beer pp.

However, you would have to bring it onboard when you're boarding for each leg of your cruises.

So, 2 bottles each on embarkation #1 and 2 bottles each on embarkation #3. However, any port visits made during cruise #1 you could bring on 2 bottles each as well. You don't have to drink it all during cruise #1 either (assuming you have the same stateroom for both legs of your B2B)

Hope this helps!.

On a B2B departing and doing the changeover at the same port, you can also bring 4 bottles per person to the port initially. You surrender 2 of the bottles and they are held at the port for you until your return. (this is standard policy if you bring more than the allowed). When you return to the port, you claim the surrendered 2 bottles and proceed to re-board the ship.

Obviously, this will not work if you are changing at a different port than your initial boarding port--say you are doing a trans-Atlantic and then the Med....no good because your excess wine would still be at PC! But it works great if you are doing an Eastern and a Western from PC.

Or like us, are doing the last Alaska and the Repo to San Diego..... :D

If you are doing the last Alaska, don't you return to your embarkation port? Like your first leg is Vancouver to Vancouver, second leg is Vancouver to SanDiego? I don't know what the alcohol rules are in Vancouver, but if they are the same as in PC, this would work.

Last Med, then WBTA will work--DCL will "confiscate" the excess wine and hold it till you return. You claim it and take it on the TA.

• 2 months later...

We left on a Disney cruise from Dover, England in summer of 2016. Being unaware of DIsney's policy until the day before the cruise, I had purchased a 1 litre bottle of Crown Royal at duty free. I ended up packing it in my luggage and bags were delivered to my room no problem, with and I thoroughly enjoyed my bottle on the cruise.

Leaving on another European cruise in 2 weeks. Did I just get lucky or is DIS more relaxed in European ports?

• 3 weeks later...
There is really no reason to bring boxed wine (unless that is your preferred kind) but stick to the quantities that they allow. Keep in mind that with Disney, you can bring beer/wine back on the ship at each port. So, bring your good bottles day one, and then buy more in port and bring it back to the boat. :)

To clarify, if you bring back wine/beer from the port, you are allowed to keep it and consume it in your stateroom.... But if you bring hard liquor back from port, they take that and lock it up until desembarkment. Is that right?

To clarify, if you bring back wine/beer from the port, you are allowed to keep it and consume it in your stateroom.... But if you bring hard liquor back from port, they take that and lock it up until desembarkment. Is that right?

Yes, as long as the wine is no more than 2 bottles, and the beer is no more than 6 beers. Any above that allotment must also be handed over to be picked up at the cruise end.

One note - if you have liquor checked, it must be picked up ONBOARD, on debarkation morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from European cruise and again able to pack a one litre bottle of whiskey in my checked bags and delivered to room with no problem. It was great to enjoy a drink on the verandah every day. I wonder how consistently the policy is applied.

Just returned from European cruise and again able to pack a one litre bottle of whiskey in my checked bags and delivered to room with no problem. It was great to enjoy a drink on the verandah every day. I wonder how consistently the policy is applied.

This does not mean there is any change in the policy. It means that there was terminal scanning personnel, who are not DCL personnel, who did not do their job adequately. The fact that you got away with it doesn't make it right. Fortunately, it didn't break and damage other people's belongings.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! First disney cruise in November. I have a question in this line that I haven't seen bought up. I'm what is known as a beer snob hahaha. All of the beers that I drink are 16 oz cans though. So there is no getting those in? Has to be 12 oz. Is it even worth risking trying 16 oz cans because I will be sad if they get taken away haha

• 2 months later...

We don't drink beer but in the US we bought some cans of flavoured malt based drinks like mango flavour etc. We are taking the Transatlantic from Dover and wanted to bring some mixed drinks in cans they are things like Pimm's and Lemonade and Jack and Coke premixed with alcohol content at less than 5% are these allowed? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 4:12 PM, Obobru said:

We don't drink beer but in the US we bought some cans of flavoured malt based drinks like mango flavour etc. We are taking the Transatlantic from Dover and wanted to bring some mixed drinks in cans they are things like Pimm's and Lemonade and Jack and Coke premixed with alcohol content at less than 5% are these allowed? 

From the DCL website, regarding other than beer or wine/champagne:

• Bringing liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) on board is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.

The answer would be, "no".

• 4 months later...
On 1/31/2019 at 7:35 PM, gkbiiii said:

If you paid Disney prices, you were right to do whatever you want, in your cabin!

I'm legitimately trying to grasp the complete lack of logic behind this statement. When you pay for a fancy hotel room, are you allowed to do what you damn please inside it? When you're renting a fancy car, are you allowed what you damn please with or inside it?

On 5/31/2019 at 9:26 PM, Shmoo here said:

From the DCL website, regarding other than beer or wine/champagne:

• Bringing liquors and spirits (including powdered alcohol) on board is prohibited. These items will be stored until the end of the cruise.

The answer would be, "no".

Is the 2015 alcohol policy still the same? I thought they had changed it substantially in the last couple of years (or at least vaguely remember seeing a bunch of threads about it).

3 hours ago, coldflame said:

Is the 2015 alcohol policy still the same? I thought they had changed it substantially in the last couple of years (or at least vaguely remember seeing a bunch of threads about it).

The policy used to be - you could bring whatever type beverages you wished, in whatever amount you wanted to wrangle (you had to carry it on, not in checked bags).

It was changed in 2015 to, each guest 21 and older  could bring onboard EITHER 2 bottles of wine or champagne (750 ml max) OR 6 beers (12 oz max each).  This limit is allowed on embarkation and from ports of call.

16 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

The policy used to be - you could bring whatever type beverages you wished, in whatever amount you wanted to wrangle (you had to carry it on, not in checked bags).

It was changed in 2015 to, each guest 21 and older  could bring onboard EITHER 2 bottles of wine or champagne (750 ml max) OR 6 beers (12 oz max each).  This limit is allowed on embarkation and from ports of call.

OMG that was nearly 4 years ago?!? Why is time going so fast?

On 10/1/2019 at 1:44 PM, coldflame said:

I'm legitimately trying to grasp the complete lack of logic behind this statement. When you pay for a fancy hotel room, are you allowed to do what you damn please inside it? When you're renting a fancy car, are you allowed what you damn please with or inside it?

The long and short answer is YES!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 8:52 PM, gkbiiii said:

In both 2010 & 2012 when i went, I could buy alcohol from any port and take it directly to my cabin: that's why I paid the "big bucks" of a Disney Luxury cruise.  if I want Carnival, I would have booked them!

As noted, that changed in 2015.  Now you can no longer bring anything other than wine or beer onboard to be consumed in your room.