Best facewash for dry skin with mild acne

OceanSea

I would go to www.dermatologistrx.com and see what they recommend..I buy all my products from there...high end but if you call the 800 number it is staffed by licensed esthecians who can better advise you. Not the same as a dermatologist of course but very knowledgable..and they sell all the best of the best products. I use obagi line but they sell many,many, products. At least its worth a browse.

I'm 24, have extremely acne-prone skin and also get dry spots, so I'm going to throw in my two cents.

I use the following on a daily basis, in this order:

St. Ives Apricot Scrub in Naturally Clear - like $3, at WalMart.

Ole Henriksen Blemish Attack Daily Defense Gel - $45 at Sephora. A bottle lasts me ~2 months.

Equate (WalMart's brand) version of Aveeno's brightening moisturizer - around $3.

Mineral makeup, instead of regular makeup (Everyday Minerals) - $8 for concealer, $12 for foundation.

Since I have stuck with this plan, my skin has improved A TON. It's more even toned, no dry spots, I rarely get acne and when I do, it goes away fast and barely leaves a mark.

I should also add that I am terrible at taking care of my skin and almost never wash my face before I go to bed - I sleep in my makeup. :o

• 7 years later...

• 12th Nov 14, 8:18 AM

I'm sorry that I resurrect the old topic, but it's just that I myself once encountered this issue, and spent a lot of time to find really useful information. I feel your pain, this is what has worked for me:-

Vitamins - 1 zinc tablet per day (must be chelated I buy from H&B in the sale) and 1000mg of EPO, last lot were from Morrisons on offer.

Products are Cleanser - Cetaphil wipe off cleanser, Rose water and Glycerin toner, St Ives exfoliator and a non perfumed moisturiser, I change about but am using original Olay beauty fluid at the moment, products don't have to be expensive. If I have an odd spot I use Freederm gel on it up to 3x a day until its gone, usually a day of two but I rarely get anything at all, the zinc is amazingly good. I also have mild rosacea so I stay out of direct heat especially in the shower but I have this skin complaint under control now thanks to the above.

I have really acne-prone combination skin, so I play with the "big boys" of skin care lotion (and by that I mean the strongest stuff I can find for cheap). My routine is:Cerave AM in the morningClean & Clear 10% benzoyl peroxide in the showerCerave PM in the evening before bedIn between I'll use oil blotting sheets in the summer.HOWEVER, if you're looking for a one step all option, Cetaphil is pretty great https://womentake.com/best-face-wash-for-dark-spots/, and it comes in bar soap form, too.On YouTube there are a lot of useful videos on a similar subject, I'll leave here one, I hope this will help someone in the future.