Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

I truly hope this does not come across the wrong way, but, in reading these descriptions, it seems like they have been translated into English from another language. Are these from the NCL site?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My thoughts exactly.

I have to disagree with you that country music fans are from a small section of the United States...I have friends in almost every state (and Europe) who love country music and there are many country music stars that sell out huge venues on a regular basis. That being said I am not a fan so you will find me in the Silent Disco (I just love that concept and can't wait to see it). :)

I have to agree as my husband and I just spent the weekend at C2C (for those not in the know it is an annual country music event held in London, Dublin & Glasgow). We look forward to it every year and know many others with an appreciation for country

"People twitching around"...that is the best description of human body movement I've ever heard of, bahahaha!!!!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

I just had a mental image of the Seinfield episode of Elaine dancing, but with no music! Bahaha

Linda</p>

:( I tried to attach a clip and I got the dreaded "I'm not a robot" screen and it won't post.:(

Edited by ImADaneFan

I have to agree as my husband and I just spent the weekend at C2C (for those not in the know it is an annual country music event held in London, Dublin & Glasgow). We look forward to it every year and know many others with an appreciation for country

Country music is very much like Marmite... some folks love it, many just detest it... I’ll probably give the ‘Yee-Ha’ a look but if the ship was to be dominated by that genre it would put me totally off re-booking... The Jade TA last year had a perverse leaning towards that genre given the guest mix, the Blazing Boots show was just horrendous given nobody hardly knew any of the music..

The Cavern Club will be the retreat for those of us that like ‘proper’ music as the Siglo covers band will hopefully provide ample AC/DC, GunsNRoses, Deep Purple, Stones, Zepplin, Pink Floyd, etc... Hopefully that over-rated Liverpool band sessions can be kept to the early evening to accommodate the ‘old folks’ who’ll need to get to bed [emoji6]...

Howl at the Moon is a concern but maybe NCL are moving away from it? It used to be really good but was just awful on the Getaway TA, maybe the expansion of cruising has meant there just aren’t enough proficient artists willing to spend months at sea..

Silent Disco is something we’ve done a few times, you can’t pick your own music as suggested but you can pick one of TWO songs which the DJ selects. On RCCL the useless DJ always played two songs that were remarkably similar, e.g. 2 Michael Jackson songs, etc. totally defeating the ethos of a silent disco... At music festivals we’ve been to you get a proper crazy atmosphere in the silent disco as the two pairings might be Earth Wind & Fire or Iron Maiden; or perhaps a rap song paired up with ABBA... Those sessions can get a little crazy and great fun (especially if you’ve had a couple of drinks)...

Personally I’m very happy with the Jersey Boys show as that music is upbeat and pretty timeless... Has to be the best themed musical show NCL have introduced so far in terms of suiting all age groups...

I’m still hoping the Bliss have found a slot for some guest artists (the Barricade Boys for example) for the Inaugural TA as they always give a show that impresses...

Anyway less than a month to wait now...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow they're really doubling down on the country western theme. That seems strange for a ship like this. I can't imagine much of their clientele will be into that kind of music. Most country music fans are from a very small section of the United States. This ship will have people on it from all over the world. :confused:

Us Canadians sure like country music too!

Wow they're really doubling down on the country western theme. That seems strange for a ship like this. I can't imagine much of their clientele will be into that kind of music. Most country music fans are from a very small section of the United States. This ship will have people on it from all over the world. :confused:

Thankfully there is an antidote to an overload of Country Music...

I truly hope this does not come across the wrong way, but, in reading these descriptions, it seems like they have been translated into English from another language. Are these from the NCL site?

Since the Joy has laser tag and gokarts, and word is it is $5,

The signs could have been translated from Chinese and copied from an Asian Site

Since the Joy has laser tag and gokarts, and word is it is $5, The signs could have been translated from Chinese and copied from an Asian Site

Unless it’s changed, the minimum age for Joy’s go-karts was reported as 14, which is different than what was shared about the Bliss (no age limit, with only a height requirement).

Hot off the presses

Hot off the presses

Bliss Theater Main shows include:

· Jersey Boys - Tony Award Winning musical featuring the music of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

· Havana - New musical featuring songs from Albita, choreographed and directed by Warren Carlisle

The Social:

· Levity Entertainment Group - multiple shows throughout the cruise – similar to comedy on Escape, Breakaway and Getaway

· Happy Hour Prohibition the Musical - musical comedy involving alcoholic beverages

· Crank up the Silence - silent disco offered a couple of times throughout the cruise

· DJ playing music in the night club each night

Q, BBQ restaurant in the evening:

· At 9:00pm a live country band plays, the tables are removed from the dance floor and a country hoedown continues

· If the crowd is staying up extra late, the DJ will take over the duration of the night

Pool Deck:

· Caliente - an Urban Street party with a pop-latin feel

· Nashville Nights and Lights - A country party with our DJ, cruise staff and a live country band

Greetings

Still unable to book reservations. Hope we don't have to wait until boarding. Like to have everything set so I can begin serious drinking once on board :).

Good Sailing

Tom

So did I!!!!

Country music is very much like Marmite... some folks love it, many just detest it... I’ll probably give the ‘Yee-Ha’ a look but if the ship was to be dominated by that genre it would put me totally off re-booking... The Jade TA last year had a perverse leaning towards that genre given the guest mix, the Blazing Boots show was just horrendous given nobody hardly knew any of the music..

The Cavern Club will be the retreat for those of us that like ‘proper’ music as the Siglo covers band will hopefully provide ample AC/DC, GunsNRoses, Deep Purple, Stones, Zepplin, Pink Floyd, etc...

Weirdly enough I bloody loved Blazing Boots and knew every single song. But I wouldn't personally call one music "proper" to another. 😄

Weirdly enough I bloody loved Blazing Boots and knew every single song. But I wouldn't personally call one music "proper" to another. [emoji1]

Glad you liked it; we were ‘hemmed in’ and couldn’t easily escape the theatre, it was purgatory...

There was an American girl near us that seemed to know the songs, we go the 20-30 gigs a year, but didn’t know (or like) a damned one..

To be fair country music rarely figures on our festival schedule although one has an Outlaw Country Stage which can be really rocky but not sure you’d call it “Yee-ha”, or even country....

There she is ^^^^[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Silent Disco, so glad it has a name. I do this all day at work, but I call it chair dancing!! I listen to dance music while working, tunes out the chatter and keeps me moving!! Must b a spectacle!! Give am something to talk about!! ;p best thread ever!!

Silent Disco, so glad it has a name. I do this all day at work, but I call it chair dancing!! I listen to dance music while working, tunes out the chatter and keeps me moving!! Must b a spectacle!! Give am something to talk about!! ;p best thread ever!!

I am so looking forward to seeing this silent disco. Sounds like great fun!! May even have to participate. [emoji126][emoji847]