Spa cabin advice

LetsTango

What ship are you considering? We were in a spa balcony on the Splendor last spring. I loved the thalassotherapy pool! It is a good idea if you think you'll use that pool and the sauna and hot rooms. Then it is lovely to be close to all that.

IF you won't use it much then it is not worth it. IF the ship you are on doesn't have those facilities then it is not worth it either(IMO).

Does anyone have spa cabin advice? What should we be taking advantage of? Is it worth the upgrade?

Sent from my VK815 using Forums mobile app

Access to Spa

Access to large showers with ENDLESS supply of towels

Access to lockers to store your swimming trunks/spa shirt, etc overnight (yeah I do this the entire trip...just wring them out first and put a couple towels on the bottom to absorb any drips). Maybe store other stuff as well????

Quiet hallways/minimal foot traffic

Peace and Quiet

Easy access to lido area (Breeze and Magic anyways) without going through crowd at the pool.

AND what hardly anyone here recognizes...if you set your luggage out the night before and do not have FTTF, decks 11 and 12 are called first for getting off the ship (Magic and Breeze anyways).

The interior spa room on the Splendor was TOTALLY worth it. The thellasotherapy (sp?) pool was fantastic. We got two free classes. Yoga on a boat is fun. The lotions are wonderful. It cost us about $50 more to upgrade from a regular interior. Totally worth it.

I loved my Spa cabin so much on the Splendor I booked it again. Things I liked about it:

1. The T-pool, we went every night

2. The steam rooms

3. The T-pool--I'm telling you that thing is magic

4. The location--Being up that high, it's quiet and a short walk to the Lido deck and there was access to a "secret deck" 10 feet from our room. I'll always remember the full moon on the calm waters between Cabo and Mazatlan.

5. The T-pool--I called it my boyfriend for a good reason.

Dream class, the Dream, Magic, and Breeze, definitely worth it for my group (all women, 18, 25, 31, and me, older than sliced bread).

The three young ones made great use of the free classes, the cleanser, the bathroom amenities, the saunas, the tile loungers, the T-pool, and for the two older ones the proximity to the Serenity Deck. I surprised all of us by trying, and loving, the T-pool.

Cabin location itself is prime real estate. So quiet. No foot traffic. No children in the hallways.

It was most definitely worth it for my group. One said, "this takes cruising to a whole new level."

I loved my Spa cabin so much on the Splendor I booked it again. Things I liked about it:

2. The steam rooms

4. The location--Being up that high, it's quiet and a short walk to the Lido deck and there was access to a "secret deck" 10 feet from our room. I'll always remember the full moon on the calm waters between Cabo and Mazatlan.

Tell me about the T-pool please.

Tell me about the T-pool please.

It's a mineral hot tub. And the only hot tub on the ship that's actually hot. It's also not near any bars nor has any drink service, so it tends not to turn into people soup. On the Splendor there's a metal lounge type rack you can lay on in it and just relax. I do recommend holding on if the ship is rocking. Otherwise you get to know any body else who happens to be in the tub really well.

Also there are these spouts that cascade water that feels good on the neck.

:o

2. The steam rooms

Haha, I feel the same way about the Dream-Class T-pools, but was horribly disappointed by the Vista-Class version. It's just a freaking hot tub, no pipe lounger, no fountain faucets, and it's about a fourth the size. I guess it's the water used that allows them to call it a T-pool, but they are nowhere near the same :(

:o

Haha, I feel the same way about the Dream-Class T-pools, but was horribly disappointed by the Vista-Class version. It's just a freaking hot tub, no pipe lounger, no fountain faucets, and it's about a fourth the size. I guess it's the water used that allows them to call it a T-pool, but they are nowhere near the same :(

Just looking at the online videos, the Vista class T-Pool is a joke. And deal breaker for me.

I will say I don’t understand the “mineral water” take. Unless treated, all water has minerals.

It's a mineral hot tub. And the only hot tub on the ship that's actually hot. It's also not near any bars nor has any drink service, so it tends not to turn into people soup. On the Splendor there's a metal lounge type rack you can lay on in it and just relax. I do recommend holding on if the ship is rocking. Otherwise you get to know any body else who happens to be in the tub really well.

Also there are these spouts that cascade water that feels good on the neck.

Thank you, that sounds wonderful! Haha, thanks for the advice about holding on. I guess I better make sure my husband is next to me if the ships rocking :o.

I agree with the Dream class ships. We've booked spa balcony on the Dream, Splendor and now the Magic this Sept.

We booked for the t-pool. We use it everyday. I also agree with deck 11 and 12 being quiet. I will say that if you want your balcony to have a roof, pick deck 11. We had deck 12 on our last cruise and it has very little coverage above to get out of the sun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just looking at the online videos, the Vista class T-Pool is a joke. And deal breaker for me.

I will say I don’t understand the “mineral water” take. Unless treated, all water has minerals.

I completely agree! Unfortunately I had a spa cabin booked before I found out about the Vista t-pool and they don't allow downgrades so I was stuck. If I wanted to be part of people soup I would just use a regular hot tub on the ship!