Seattle - Hyatt Place or Hyatt House?

DaveOKC

Hyatt House because it's right across the street from Seattle Center and a much shorter walk to the monorail or buses on 5th Avenue. The Hyatt Place is in a very trafficky part of town and not especially convenient to anything IMO. Neither would be my first choice, but perhaps you're using points or can get a great rate.

Hyatt House because it's right across the street from Seattle Center and a much shorter walk to the monorail or buses on 5th Avenue. The Hyatt Place is in a very trafficky part of town and not especially convenient to anything IMO. Neither would be my first choice, but perhaps you're using points or can get a great rate.

Using points, so these are the same plus alot fewer than the other locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Reporting back. I went with Hyatt Place instead of Hyatt House. Very nice room and great hotel staff. HOWEVER, there is an all night gas station adjacent and it can get noisy (should have known something was amiss when I saw the ear plugs on the pillow instead of mints!).

Both properties have a good shuttle service into downtown Seattle.

• 4 weeks later...
I *really* like the sectionals at Hyatt Place and have never had a noise problem there, so I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. It's my preferred property in that class in city.

In another thread you answered my question about Holiday Inn Express. I'm thinking of changing my reservation to Hyatt Place because it has a bar and it has food we could purchase for supper. It has free breakfast but so does HI Express. We could still get accessible room with Roll in shower which hubby needs.

The price difference is negligible, only about $5 more. Since you're familiar with both, would you recommend I change to Hyatt Place or stay with Holiday Inn Express?

All factors being equal? I prefer the Hyatt Place because of the comfy seating and better breakfast. It may get slightly less morning construction noise. I have not had a South-facing room pointing at the gas station, but I can imagine it stays busy as one of the few stations left near downtown.

All factors being equal? I prefer the Hyatt Place because of the comfy seating and better breakfast. It may get slightly less morning construction noise. I have not had a South-facing room pointing at the gas station, but I can imagine it stays busy as one of the few stations left near downtown.

Thank you for your input. I have now reserved an accessible room at Hyatt Place and cancelled the one at Holiday Inn Express.

Since Hubby and I are both sound sleepers I won't worry about gas station noise. Hopefully the accessible room is not on that side. But if so, it's only one night.