Cruise Critic Error 502???

Kartgv

Anyone else having a problem with periodic very slow Cruise Critic response time and occasional (4 times in the last 3 days) "Error Code 502" message appearing when trying to just page to a different thread/board? I'm using Microsoft Edge, tried switching to Internet Explorer and couldn't even log in. Not having any issues with any other site.

Yup, in the past few days I have had episodes ranging from slow to painfully slow to looks like it's stopped. Most recently while composing this response. I haven't seen the Error Message.

I'm using Chrome/Windows 10.:(

I don't know if it's related, but I'm also hearing the "Nationwide is on your side" jingle a lot. I can't figure out where that is coming from.

Have been having a lot of issues. Slow scrolling down, being redirected going from question to question. Today has been really bad. I use firefox and switched over to View in private window and it works fine. I was getting the message that the server was trying to connect to non existent page.

Anyone else having a problem with periodic very slow Cruise Critic response time and occasional (4 times in the last 3 days) "Error Code 502" message appearing when trying to just page to a different thread/board? I'm using Microsoft Edge, tried switching to Internet Explorer and couldn't even log in. Not having any issues with any other site.
I've been getting gateway errors off and on for a month or so. My ISP assures me that the problem is at CC's service provider.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I've been getting gateway errors off and on for a month or so. My ISP assures me that the problem is at CC's service provider.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Yes, I have had problems with CC for awhile.......at least 6 months.

Certainly not my provider.

A 502 error is a server error that has nothing to do with your local computer, your browser cache, or your browser type. It basically means that something went wrong somewhere in the handling of the request you made (loading a page).

Firefox. Clicking between forums, blue circle goes round & round. Sometimes have to reclick to get it going. This started about 2 weeks ago. Never had this problem since I enrolled in CC years ago.

Wish they'd tell us if they're working on something.

A 502 error is a server error that has nothing to do with your local computer, your browser cache, or your browser type. It basically means that something went wrong somewhere in the handling of the request you made (loading a page).

The above is true from what my children tell me. ;)

I would restart your computer and also use a different browser.

Keith

:rolleyes:

People are reporting this with different computers and different browsers. A non-starter.

This isn't a computer/browser issue, but something down the pipeline. It's between the mice carrying the requests through the Internet pipes to the host server. The mice get hungry and gnaw a little at your request. When it gets to the host server, just enough is missing to make the server not understand. If you just reload the page, the next set of mice may get your request through the pipeline and into the host server without a problem and you see your CC pages...

(based on an old fun tale we old ITers would tell people why things took so long to load back in the good old days pre-wifi and pre-"everyone is on the 'net" - mice carry the data and they get tired sometimes and have to rest before continuing down through the pipes...)