Hotel in Southampton

xnavydoc2

Yes, we like to stay at the HI next to the docks, but the OP is hoping for transport from Heathrow... if they come by train, it's still a taxi ride away.

To the OP... if you go to the Ports section, and look for Great Britain, you'll get lots of answers about coming from London to Southampton... it's the cruise line's fault for suggesting that S'ton is London, when they're over 60 miles apart...

As other replies, you have to break down transport from Heathrow to Southampton and a Southampton hotel into the two separate components.

Plenty of threads about both on the Great Britain forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=233

(much busier than this forum, which is for Brits rather than for visitors to Britain).

Mebbe post your question there if you can't find the answers.

And check out https://www.londontoolkit.com/ which has pages about both.

JB :)

I didn't know of any shuttle service operated by a hotel in Southampton and Tigertastic was of the same opinion, so just thought I would at least add a hotel where they could stay.[/quote

;p Yes, I realised that.. :cool:

Stayed in Southampton couple of times @ Premier Inn and Ibis, fine for a night or two. But agree with other posters, no hotel in Soton would transfer you LHR-Soton.

you can get National Express Bus, private transfer, train from London, plenty of options, or some cruiselines operate transfers.:)

Yes, we like to stay at the HI next to the docks, but the OP is hoping for transport from Heathrow... if they come by train, it's still a taxi ride away.

To the OP... if you go to the Ports section, and look for Great Britain, you'll get lots of answers about coming from London to Southampton... it's the cruise line's fault for suggesting that S'ton is London, when they're over 60 miles apart...

Thanks everyone. I have it all worked out. Using Smith's airport transport. A lot easier.