• See a soccer game
    • Visit the surrounding countryside
    • Beatles stuff
    • Shopping
    • Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour
    • Williamson Tunnels
    • Research Family History
    • Other - Please post details

Miata lover, do you remember the name of the tour you took with Fab4, or approximately how long (time) it was? They seem to be the most reasonably priced tour company.

I asked my husband about going by the museum where they will have the terra cotta warriors this year. He was not interested. I would love to see them, but I don't know how much trouble that would be.

I took www.pooloflifetours.com Beatle tour. They met us at the dock. We had a van of 6 filled from our Roll Call. We would get out at a few stops with not much walking. We stopped at all the Beatle's homes. The guide had many pictures/stories to tell and of course Beatle music. He also pointed out places as we passed.

From our Roll Call, there was a van that just wanted a Liverpool tour from the same tour company.

Everyone in our group highly recommended it.

Great tip there 😊

• 3 months later...
Hi towncar: Is Liverpool known for High Tea? If it is, would you be able to recommend a few that are affordable near the cruise port. thanks!

Lots of great places to choose from. Here’s a useful article from the local newspaper. I can’t say I’ve actually visited any of these places for afternoon tea, but it’s hard to go wrong with cake and sandwiches.:)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/afternoon-tea-liverpool-best-places-13454070

As an extension to Morkie’s question, here’s an interesting little article for anyone that might be looking for a slightly more quirky dining experience in Liverpool. Two of my personal favourites from this list are Rococo’s and Leaf, but I’m sure they are all good. A few of the places are out of the city centre though so just be careful. If in doubt, ask and I’ll tell you how far out they are 😊

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/25-delicious-little-places-liverpool-13030013

And another article for cheese and wine lovers 😊

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/15-places-liverpool-every-cheese-12590839

I’m learning stuff about my own city all the time.

I actually live out in North Wales now, but I can still see Liverpool from my home in the hills. We can actually see the cruise ships entering and leaving the Mersey and we’re only an hour outside the city. 😊

Hi towncar: Is Liverpool known for High Tea? If it is, would you be able to recommend a few that are affordable near the cruise port. thanks!

Just a further note. I’m not sure what your budget is but if you can stretch to £22 per head or £33 for the luxury option then the views from Panoramic 34 are well worth it. Easy walking distance from the cruise terminal (5-10 minutes max).

I’ve eaten here a few times. It’s high end, with the very best views over the city and surrounding area. I’d advise booking in advance though.

Here’s the menu. Just click the link for afternoon tea.

https://www.panoramic34.com/menu/

As always, can I stress that I have no connection with this establishment and it’s just my personal opinion. But that’s what you asked for!

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a British Isles cruise and loved the stop in Liverpool!! Just walk right off the ship and the area along the river is so lovely for walking. We we there on a Sunday so an outdoor craft market was set up and families were enjoying the beautiful day. Shopping galore within a walk too. We had children with us so everyone enjoyed a ride on the big Ferris wheel (think London Eye in a smaller version).

And I don’t know what they did to make their soft ice cream (sold from a truck) so yummy, but it was the creamiest and most delicious I’ve ever had!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

I'm definitely a "visit the surrounding countryside" type of person. I'm hoping someone can suggest a 4-5 hour excursion from Liverpool where we'd see great gardens or stunning scenery or historic castles, that sort of thing. Just less interested in towns and cities (unless they're truly exceptional, Paris, etc.) and have zero interest in shopping.

Many thanks — and what a dandy website.

I'm definitely a "visit the surrounding countryside" type of person. I'm hoping someone can suggest a 4-5 hour excursion from Liverpool where we'd see great gardens or stunning scenery or historic castles, that sort of thing. Just less interested in towns and cities (unless they're truly exceptional, Paris, etc.) and have zero interest in shopping.

Given your time constraints there I think a visit to Speke Hall would be right up your street. Only 30 minutes (tops) from the cruise terminal and as packed full of history and gardens as you could need. We’ve taken several American friends there and all loved it. Also not too far from the ship so not much time lost in travelling. All the info you need can be found here:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/speke-hall-garden-and-estate

Enjoy your visit!

T

I second Speke Hall it is the obvious one - the grounds are not massive, but can walk along the Bund which gives a good view of the river (and airport, unfortunately). The 30 mins mentioned is by road, it would take longer than that by bus, but still doable. As the website says, trains only go to about 2 miles away from the Hall, so bus or taxi would be best, unless you could pick up a taxi at the train station as it will be an 'on your feet' job when you get there. Should be easy to search public transport on line.

If you get a taxi you could also visit the village of Hale.

Tatton Hall is another National Trust Property and would also be a possibility. It’s just over 29miles away and has larger gardens than Speke Hall. It’s also quite near Dunham Massey, another N T property. Have a look at all three on

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk

Might you be able to find a few more fellow passengers. There are some minibus companies offering to meet cruise shipshape Liverpool.

Castles are a bit more difficult. Conway Castle, about 90 minutes away, would be my choice for you.

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Looking for a Beatles tour for 9 people.....any suggestions?

As you’ll read above I try not to recommend tours I haven’t been on myself and I have no connection with any tour company. So I searched online and this one looked interesting to me.

https://www.cavernclub.org/magical-mystery-tour-itinerary/

It seems to have a connection with the Cavern Club, so might be worth a look. Maybe others, like phabric, have personal experience? 😊

• 4 years later...
6 hours ago, John Bull said:

Welcome back, T. 🙂

Long time no see.

Correction -  long time no sea. 😏

JB 🙂

Fleeting visit I think, JB, but nice to be remembered. Think I lost the Cruise Critic habit but still happy to help where I can. We have done a few cruises since I was last here, but not so many. We've got one coming up soon from your neck of the woods. The attraction was thhat it sails in and out of Liverpool, so I can experience it for myself. 🙂

2 hours ago, Towncar T said:

The attraction was thhat it sails in and out of Liverpool, so I can experience it for myself. 🙂

There's a really good thread on here that will give you loads of ideas....oh, wait a minute 😂😂

Likewise, good to see you and bon voyage!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...