Number of rooms: 1 room

Number of nights: 1 night

Room subtotal: $94.00

Taxes & fees: $21.37

Total charged today: $115.37

Priceline

San Pedro Area

3 1/2 *

I've been trying for 5 days in row to get this deal at $94 pre-tax for 4/29 with no success. Can you tell me if you were successful on the first try? If not how many bids did you have to make to get this deal?

Edited by fl.princess

I started at about $80 and tried for several days, adding a $1 each day. It did accept it on the first try on the day I bid $94. We're staying on a Sunday night so maybe they want more for your Friday night?

That must be why. I checked the priceline price for Sunday March 13th, and it is $31 less than Friday, April 29th. I'm going to probably have to bump it up more or go with a 3 star.

I am looking for downtown Seattle 3* and been turned down 3x up to $110 without tax and fees. Suggestions. One night June 13, 2016

I used priceline to book our hotel in downtown Seattle. If you look the least expensive was around $225. So $110 alittle low. If you could bid and win at around $170 you would get a gold star! Grin.

Pooh

• 1 month later...

"Won" Best Western Plus San Pedro for Friday, November 18, 2016

Deal type: Name Your Own Price

3*

Offer price: $78 /night

Number of rooms: 1 room

Number of nights: 1 night

Room subtotal: $78

Taxes & fees: $18.33

Total charged today: $96.33

• 3 weeks later...
Room Price: $126.00/night

Number of rooms: 1 Room

Number of nights: 2 Nights

Room Subtotal: $252.00

Taxes & Fees: $59.30

Total Charged: $311.30

Paid in full

Used Priceline Express Deals 4* Pike Mkt.

Do you recall (or have saved) what the identifying amenities were for this hotel? Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Is this no longer an active thread? I have been trying to bid on Priceline for a 3 1/2 star hotel in San Pedro for one night pre-cruise September 23, 2017. I haven't seen any recent bids on this thread. I can get this hotel as a Hot Rate Hotel on Hotwire for $102 a night plus fees. I am assuming this is the Crowne Plaza. I have been trying to bid $85 for several weeks now on Priceline. Am I trying too early? Should I be happy and settle for $102 a night with Hotwire?

Is this no longer an active thread? I have been trying to bid on Priceline for a 3 1/2 star hotel in San Pedro for one night pre-cruise September 23, 2017. I haven't seen any recent bids on this thread. I can get this hotel as a Hot Rate Hotel on Hotwire for $102 a night plus fees. I am assuming this is the Crowne Plaza. I have been trying to bid $85 for several weeks now on Priceline. Am I trying too early? Should I be happy and settle for $102 a night with Hotwire?

For September I would say yes. That's low season. But $102 isn't bad for a hotel.

• 2 months later...

Hotwire booking for the Hyatt Regency in Vancouver for May. Coal Harbor. 4.5 *, $238 includes tax and resort fee. Best I could find on line was $338, so I'm happy.

resort, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Just curious, no one has posted since February, are people not using Priceline?

I have found that you don't get the 60% to 70% off deals that you could get in the past. Using the "name your price" feature, you're lucky to get 25% off. The express deal is used a lot, as it takes some of the unknown out of the picture. Also, some of the higher end hotels don't use the site as much, as they don't have the vacancies they used to have.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Today I accepted a Priceline Express offer that I reviewed on better bidding and realized, from the hotel photo that it showed for a 4-star hotel in Vancouver, that it was the Auberge. I ended up getting both nights for a total of $603, including all fees. This is for two nights in July 2023.Those two nights were going for $1,046 on the Auberge website with all fees included. So I consider that a very good deal. 

• Like 2

On 3/1/2023 at 5:34 AM, njsmom said:

Today I accepted a Priceline Express offer that I reviewed on better bidding and realized, from the hotel photo that it showed for a 4-star hotel in Vancouver, that it was the Auberge. I ended up getting both nights for a total of $603, including all fees. This is for two nights in July 2023.Those two nights were going for $1,046 on the Auberge website with all fees included. So I consider that a very good deal. 

Yes, you got a  fantastic deal! 

• Like 1