Los Angeles Cruise Terminal to LAX

We are sailing on Norwegian from Vancouver to Los Angeles. What would be the best way to get from our terminal to LAX? Thanks for any suggestions.

If you don't want to use the NCL shuttle , there is a private shuttle to LAX also taxi's are available.

We are sailing on Norwegian from Vancouver to Los Angeles. What would be the best way to get from our terminal to LAX? Thanks for any suggestions.

If "we" means 2 people, I would just go with the ship's shuttle as the savings is not worth the extra hassles of arranging and looking out for your transportation. If it's a larger group then it would be worth the savings.

We just did a coastal this year and Princess charged $29 per person. We may of been able to save a little bit but I didn't want to be looking out for an unfamiliar company or wait in the long cab line to save $10-$15 total.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

we just used super shuttle. they line up outside the terminal, BLUE VANS give them your reservation number and name. they pull out when the van is full. about 8 people. we prepaid included tip. About $40 for two all in. we got there at 10:30 on a Saturday and were at the airport by 11:00. Allow more time for weekdays. Have done it before will do it again.

• 1 year later...
On 10/18/2017 at 9:06 AM, darienill said:

we just used super shuttle. they line up outside the terminal, BLUE VANS give them your reservation number and name. they pull out when the van is full. about 8 people. we prepaid included tip. About $40 for two all in. we got there at 10:30 on a Saturday and were at the airport by 11:00. Allow more time for weekdays. Have done it before will do it again.

Do you need a reservation or can I just do walk-off and head that way and pay?

1 hour ago, calliecat said:

Do you need a reservation or can I just do walk-off and head that way and pay?

You can do walk-up. There are lots of vans and they try to fill them with people going the same destination/direction before leaving. On a disembark day, most people are heading to the airport, so it shouldn't take too long to fill and go.  

You should also consider Uber. Depending on how many in your party, it may be more cost effective.  i.e. Supershuttle charges per person.  Uber or taxi is the charge per vehicle.

Edited by ell52

4 minutes ago, merinski said:

We are booked with the NCL shuttle. Does anyone know how long it takes to get to LAX?

I usually count on about an hour. It could be less but LAX traffic can be a nightmare. On one transfer it took almost an hour to get to terminal #6. This the last stop for shuttles.

1 hour ago, merinski said:

We are flying West Jet, on a Friday.

WestJet is mostly Terminal 2 I think, with some gates in TBIT (Terminal 3), so that is good. Friday morning traffic is generally good, so I'd guess no more than an hour once the bus leaves San Pedro and possibly as little as 45 minutes.

8 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

WestJet is mostly Terminal 2 I think, with some gates in TBIT (Terminal 3), so that is good. Friday morning traffic is generally good, so I'd guess no more than an hour once the bus leaves San Pedro and possibly as little as 45 minutes.

Thank you so much