P and O Australia - Australia Day Cruise Disappointment

datone

I rang up P&O and they have advised that they are no longer offering obc as compensation. Full refund is all they're offering.

Never mind!

Bummer,

What I would do is to be writing them a nice ( I mean nice too not nasty) letter and seeing if there is some sort of way they can make up for the disappointment, especially as they have offered that same thing to others.

I would send it to these addresses

information@pocruises.com.au

and feedback@pocruises.com.au

Highlight how disappointed you are in the numerous aspects in regards to the cruise and their dealing with the changes, firstly that the change means you miss the fireworks, secondly that they didn't notify you about the change, thirdly that when contacted they didn't get back to you, and lastly that other people have been offered compensation but you haven't.

I rang up P&O and they have advised that they are no longer offering obc as compensation. Full refund is all they're offering.

Never mind!

No doubt Carnival cut off the compo line, as they did with Ocean Medallion compo, initially gave it then stopped it. Same here.:evilsmile:

Today is cruise day! :D🚢🚢

P&O haven't responded to my email. And I doubt they will.

We are looking forward to the cruise regardless.

Bon Voyage, visit guest services and se if something can be resolved, otherwise follow up with a email on your return.

Programme for Australia Day in Sydney shows -

"All day P&O Ships"

Fireworks are going to be from Circular Quay this year. Yesterday All restaurants around Circular Quay had been enclosed with fences. At each end of Circular Quay there were machines set up to check hand luggage. Signs everywhere "no alcohol, random checks, etc." Music equipment was set up on 4th level of OPT.

I hope all the passengers who bought their cruise to see the fireworks on Sydney Harbour are adequately compensated.

I certainly wasn't compensated.

It's no surprise that P&O never got back to me. I will be sending a follow up email :) P&O should have as least acknowledged my email. It is poor customer service.

I had a great cruise regardless. It's what you make of it. :)

Programme for Australia Day in Sydney shows -

"All day P&O Ships"

Fireworks are going to be from Circular Quay this year. Yesterday All restaurants around Circular Quay had been enclosed with fences. At each end of Circular Quay there were machines set up to check hand luggage. Signs everywhere "no alcohol, random checks, etc." Music equipment was set up on 4th level of OPT.

I hope all the passengers who bought their cruise to see the fireworks on Sydney Harbour are adequately compensated.

Wow, it gets worse, some were offered compensation while others were not.

I certainly wasn't compensated.

It's no surprise that P&O never got back to me. I will be sending a follow up email :) P&O should have as least acknowledged my email. It is poor customer service.

I had a great cruise regardless. It's what you make of it. :)

Glad you had a great cruise.:D

Don't mention the war!!

What war, the P&O Australia Day non Event or my Ocean Medallion cruise on Royal Princess gone wrong ?. In my case North Americans got compo, we got refused.:evilsmile:

Carnival Corp bean counters have cut off the comp largesse re both.

Just got back today from Australia Day cruise.

A few days before we left we also contacted P&O re compensation and were told that the pax who got extra $100 OBC was because of 'other issues'.

I replied that this seemed incorrect as others were given OBC because of change of itinerary. Received email from Customer Service Supervisor who only offered full refund. I replied stating that we were disappointed in the way P&O gave to some and not everyone and we were given the extra $200. I guess it pays to keep contacting them to get a reply as it was only a couple of days before sail date.

We were asked to keep it private and off social media as no more OBC were being offered.

Just got back today from Australia Day cruise.

A few days before we left we also contacted P&O re compensation and were told that the pax who got extra $100 OBC was because of 'other issues'.

I replied that this seemed incorrect as others were given OBC because of change of itinerary. Received email from Customer Service Supervisor who only offered full refund. I replied stating that we were disappointed in the way P&O gave to some and not everyone and we were given the extra $200. I guess it pays to keep contacting them to get a reply as it was only a couple of days before sail date.

We were asked to keep it private and off social media as no more OBC were being offered.

Well done on getting OBC. :D

P&o still won't acknowledge any of my emails sent from 18 January onwards. :rolleyes:

I rung up a few times and have sent several emails since then, with no response lol

Very disappointing.