Viking Breisach Germany stop

Cruiseoholic000

Does anyone know what time in the morning is the Colmar start and end time? What is the start time for the Black Forest tour and when does the ship leave Breisach? Going on Viking from Amsterdam to Basel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There really isn’t any set time. The schedules vary. We originally had the Black Forest and Colmar village tour scheduled in the morning. I wanted to do both, but I had to choose. I opted for the Black Forest and picked an optional excursion to Freiburg. Some weeks after I had booked our excursions, I got an email saying that I had a conflict. The Black Forest trip had changed to the afternoon.

I was able to cancel the Freiburg excursions and book the Colmar village, making me a happy camper.

Schedules on the river change frequently. They are- to make a pun - fluid. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do not base your plans on the precise timing of any particular trip or the arrival/departure times from the port as these can and do change, often at short notice.

This is one of the differences between river and ocean cruising. Water levels, queues for locks and even just general traffic levels on the river will all affect things.

Our experience in June was similar to harrodsfan’s, give or take 15 minutes. This was also what I was expecting based on past dailies people have posted, so I think it’s pretty typical.

However, as you’ve heard, you have to stay flexible. We had one docking location & time change twice in the course of a day.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are already booked at least the time frame of "morning" or "afternoon" should show on My Viking Journey page under the excursions. We just booked today for this May and we are in the direction of Basel to Amsterdam. For our Breisach stop, the Black Forest is listed as a four hour "morning" tour. The two choices for Colmar, one for the Medieval village, the other for the WWII Museum, are each listed as four hour "afternoon" tours.