Tallinn - Museums for rainy day

Yes, we enjoyed our tour of the old town despite the rain. (Bring an umbrella.) But we did enjoy getting indoors to a museum. We visited the Lennusadam Seaplane Harbour museum and enjoyed it; our kids enjoyed the interactive exhibits.

Haven't been to those museums but have been to Tallinn on a rainy day. I still think it is worth putting on the rain gear and taking in the old town.

IMG_4685a_zpsjdwgui6x.jpg

Thank you for your reply and photo. I have rain gear (from Alaska) and as long as it is not a down pour I see it will be worth it.

You might also enjoy the Estonian Maritime Museum, which is located right inside the "fat Margaret" tower at the entrance to the old town. Entrance fee is only 6 euros per person, and there are three levels of displays inside, including lots of ship models.

We walked through the central square and up to a church, where we sheltered when it started to rain. There was an art exhibition and also a lady restoring Russian paintings that had been found recently in Germany. I wish I could find out the name of the church.

We walked through the central square and up to a church, where we sheltered when it started to rain. There was an art exhibition and also a lady restoring Russian paintings that had been found recently in Germany. I wish I could find out the name of the church.

If the church was in the lower part of town and possible Russian Orthodox then it might be "St Nicholas". If it was up on the hill, upper part of town, then it is "Alexander Navsky Cathedral".

<<<Karen>>>

Not the church I was thinking of.....but I wish we had seen this church and it's collection on one of our 3 trips to Tallinn :(. Oh well, I guess we will just have to go again :D.

<<<Karen>>>