Royal Carribbean Non Refundable Deposit Program

That link doesn't work.

However looking at the RCI website their cancellation policies seem to be in line with other cruise lines ie the deposit is non-refundable if the cruise is cancelled within 150 days of the departure date.

Was this what you were asking?

That link doesn't work.

However looking at the RCI website their cancellation policies seem to be in line with other cruise lines ie the deposit is non-refundable if the cruise is cancelled within 150 days of the departure date.

Was this what you were asking?

Apparently the way it will work moving forward is that you'll be able to choose a non-refundable deposit option when you book your cruise, bringing the cost of the cabin down slightly. Or you can pick a refundable deposit option and your fare will be slightly higher.

For all suites, the deposit is classified as non-refundable.

From what I understand of the new arrangement, your non-refundable deposit will actually be kept as an RCI credit for you to use against a future cruise, should you have to cancel - less a $100 cancellation fee.

It's all a bit of a joke and is becoming unnecessarily convoluted IMO, and as someone who generally travels in suites, I won't be booking with RCI for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the way it will work moving forward is that you'll be able to choose a non-refundable deposit option when you book your cruise, bringing the cost of the cabin down slightly. Or you can pick a refundable deposit option and your fare will be slightly higher.

For all suites, the deposit is classified as non-refundable.

From what I understand of the new arrangement, your non-refundable deposit will actually be kept as an RCI credit for you to use against a future cruise, should you have to cancel - less a $100 cancellation fee.

It's all a bit of a joke and is becoming unnecessarily convoluted IMO, and as someone who generally travels in suites, I won't be booking with RCI for the foreseeable future.

Appears this new arrangement is similar to P&O Aus where you can book for a cheaper fare and the deposit is non refundable.

Hopefully all those booking under these new conditions are aware of the fineprint.

Had the option of booking P&O cruise and paying a cheaper price upfront. As it is over a year away, took the other option, through a TA, $50 deposit and loads of OBC, most we will lose if cancelling is $50.

It used to be so simple, you booked through a local TA, paid the high price. There are so many options now, not just with TA's but withing the cruise lines themselves.

I have a different system with each cruiseline, some I book direct. others I find better through a online TA, just gotta work the system;p

Just another option of booking, would work well for last minute sailings but for something 2 years out, it is a risk.

Yes, be interesting to watch and see if the prices rise as the dates get closer

As others have said, the link doesn't work, so I can't see exactly the content.

The imposition by RC of a non-refundable deposit for suites has been a discussion point on the main RC board. It was posted there that people make deposits on a number of 'prime' cabins on the initial release day for the season, never intending to take all the cruises they make a reservation for, just holding them until they choose the actual cruise they want.

I personally read on cc of people boasting of doing just this.

This then ties up cabins, which then become available at some later point, usually just before the 1st penalty will be enacted.

Based on this I think it is a good move to discourage suite hogging.

There are those that utilised the previous booking terms to their own advantage, by booking multiple cabins and then cancelling prior to the penalty period. Certainly those people will now be unable to do this going forward without losing a portion of their deposit.

Then there are those like me, who didn't engage in this activity and as a result of this change and as matter of principle, have no intention of booking an RCI cruise in the future.

You win some, you lose some.

Apparently the way it will work moving forward is that you'll be able to choose a non-refundable deposit option when you book your cruise, bringing the cost of the cabin down slightly.

As said, it won't be a choice.

Certain cabin bookings will be non-refundable. Others will continue as at present.

Also there will be no change in price.

Dont know if this is the original link but it is a link for those unable to use google????

You can copy the original link and replace the stars

with royalcarribeanblog

The wording without a picture follows

Royal Caribbean has released details on the launch of its non-refundable deposit program, where guests can opt to make a cruise reservation with a no-refund policy on the deposit.

nonrefundable-fare-window-min.jpg?itok=zCnPFNYg

Beginning June 13, guests can expect to see the non-refundable deposit option live on various products. Royal Caribbean will work with these test products leading up to the fleet wide launch on July 1, 2017.

Here are the sailings eligible for the non-refundable deposit program

Caribbean

• Freedom of the Seas departing San Juan
    • Sailing window: May 12, 2018 through August 25, 2018

[*]Rhapsody of the Seas departing Tampa, FL

• Sailing window: January 7, 2018 through April 29, 2018

[*]Adventure of the Seas departing from Northeast

• Sailing window: May 5, 2018 through October 8, 2018

Alaska

• Explorer of the Seas
    • Sailing window: May 18, 2018 through September 7, 2018

[*]Radiance of the Seas

Europe

• Jewel of the Seas departing from Rome roundtrip
    • Sailing window June 17, 2018 through September 2, 2018

Non-refundable fares booked 6-months or more from sail date, recieve automatic Early Booking Incentive bonus. The early booking credit is combinable with promotional onboard credit offers, Crown & Anchor discounts, and NextCruise benefits.

• Sailings 1-5 nights
    • Interior/Oceanview: $25 OBC
    • Balcony/Suite: $50 OBC

[*]Sailings 6+ nights

• Interior/Oceanview: $50 OBC
    • Balcony/Suite: $100 OBC

A non-refundable deposit will become the only option for those guests interested in reserving an upper Suite. This also holds true for guarantee categories, including W/WS, X/XB, XN, Y/YO, and Z/ZI.

As of July 1st, 2017, the fleet-wide launch of nonrefundable deposit fares will debut across all ships.

A change fee of $100 per guest will be imposed to all reservations booked under a nonrefundable deposit fare that opts to change either the ship and/or sail date originally selected. Multiple adjustments to the ship and/or sail date of a booking will result in the assessment of a $100 per guest change fee for each qualifying change made to the reservation. There is no limit on the number of change fees that can be incurred.

Outside of final payment, when a nonrefundable deposit cancellation occurs, guests will receive a Future Cruise Certificate in the amount of their designated cruise deposit, less the $100 per guest change fee.

As said, it won't be a choice.

Certain cabin bookings will be non-refundable. Others will continue as at present.

Also there will be no change in price.

Incorrect.

From what's been publicised, it will be a choice on most cabin grades, with the resultant benefit of a non-refundable deposit being a reduced fare.

For suites however, there is no option to book with a refundable deposit as you have been able to in the past.

Dont know if this is the original link but it is a link for those unable to use google????

You can copy the original link and replace the stars

with royalcarribeanblog

The wording without a picture follows

Royal Caribbean has released details on the launch of its non-refundable deposit program, where guests can opt to make a cruise reservation with a no-refund policy on the deposit.

nonrefundable-fare-window-min.jpg?itok=zCnPFNYg

Beginning June 13, guests can expect to see the non-refundable deposit option live on various products. Royal Caribbean will work with these test products leading up to the fleet wide launch on July 1, 2017.

Here are the sailings eligible for the non-refundable deposit program

Caribbean

• Freedom of the Seas departing San Juan
    • Sailing window: May 12, 2018 through August 25, 2018

[*]Rhapsody of the Seas departing Tampa, FL

• Sailing window: January 7, 2018 through April 29, 2018

[*]Adventure of the Seas departing from Northeast

• Sailing window: May 5, 2018 through October 8, 2018

Alaska

• Explorer of the Seas

[*]Radiance of the Seas

Europe

• Jewel of the Seas departing from Rome roundtrip
    • Sailing window June 17, 2018 through September 2, 2018

Non-refundable fares booked 6-months or more from sail date, recieve automatic Early Booking Incentive bonus. The early booking credit is combinable with promotional onboard credit offers, Crown & Anchor discounts, and NextCruise benefits.

• Sailings 1-5 nights
    • Interior/Oceanview: $25 OBC
    • Balcony/Suite: $50 OBC

[*]Sailings 6+ nights

• Interior/Oceanview: $50 OBC
    • Balcony/Suite: $100 OBC

A non-refundable deposit will become the only option for those guests interested in reserving an upper Suite. This also holds true for guarantee categories, including W/WS, X/XB, XN, Y/YO, and Z/ZI.

As of July 1st, 2017, the fleet-wide launch of nonrefundable deposit fares will debut across all ships.

A change fee of $100 per guest will be imposed to all reservations booked under a nonrefundable deposit fare that opts to change either the ship and/or sail date originally selected. Multiple adjustments to the ship and/or sail date of a booking will result in the assessment of a $100 per guest change fee for each qualifying change made to the reservation. There is no limit on the number of change fees that can be incurred.

Outside of final payment, when a nonrefundable deposit cancellation occurs, guests will receive a Future Cruise Certificate in the amount of their designated cruise deposit, less the $100 per guest change fee.

Thanks for the clarification.

No, it's correct - as even evidenced by the wording directly above your post.

Deposits are now non-refundable on both suites and guarantee bookings. There is no option in that.

Feel free to re read my original post that you quoted and erroneously corrected.

I'll extend that courtesy to you - since you made the initial erroneous accusation against my post.

90e2a933aba9e41b83a54d7e7a77f9c2.jpg

You've incorrectly stated it is not a choice, a sweeping statement which is wrong.

The new booking terms are indeed a choice, as repeatedly discussed in this thread. The choices are:

Book with non refundable deposit = lower fare

Book with refundable deposit = higher fare

I continued in my original posting to indicate that suite class cabins will not have a choice in the matter, which is correct.

I did not mention anything in relation to guarantee cabins as frankly, I don't book them ever.

I have no idea why you even quoted my post to begin with.

Hopefully that helps you get on the same page as everyone else.

90e2a933aba9e41b83a54d7e7a77f9c2.jpg

You've incorrectly stated it is not a choice, a sweeping statement which is wrong.

Thanks. I think I see what you're saying.

You seem to have taken my statement to mean "all cabins" whereas I have written about the policy change as I have stated: "Certain cabin bookings will be non-refundable. Others will continue as at present." Thus, it's not "sweeping" at all. I was pointing out that there were cabin bookings categories where there is no choice, including your preferred suite category.

The new booking terms are indeed a choice, as repeatedly discussed in this thread. The choices are:

Book with non refundable deposit = lower fare

Book with refundable deposit = higher fare

This isn't correct. There is no lower fare offered. Just, as you mentioned, suite bookings now have non refundable fares. The price is not falling. Similarly, guarantee cabins, of which there are probably more booked also now have non refundable fares. Again, the price is not falling. There is no choice where this restriction has been added.

Note: with the rollout I believe they will give the option to other categories - but this will still not be with a reduced price. The material when it came out a while back said a small OBC would be offered as the tradeoff for taking the guarantee. The price would not fall in any situation.

I have no idea why you even quoted my post to begin with.

For the simple point it was misleading. It limited the scope to only suites. Which is not correct. Similarly the statement about price was incorrect. Prices are not falling where non refundable deposits are introduced.

Both things were said in your post, so it was quoted.

Hopefully that helps you get on the same page as everyone else.

Same.

Thanks. I think I see what you're saying.

You seem to have taken my statement to mean "all cabins" whereas I have written about the policy change as I have stated: "Certain cabin bookings will be non-refundable. Others will continue as at present." Thus, it's not "sweeping" at all. I was pointing out that there were cabin bookings categories where there is no choice, including your preferred suite category.

This isn't correct. There is no lower fare offered. Just, as you mentioned, suite bookings now have non refundable fares. The price is not falling. Similarly, guarantee cabins, of which there are probably more booked also now have non refundable fares. Again, the price is not falling. There is no choice where this restriction has been added.

Note: with the rollout I believe they will give the option to other categories - but this will still not be with a reduced price. The material when it came out a while back said a small OBC would be offered as the tradeoff for taking the guarantee. The price would not fall in any situation.

For the simple point it was misleading. It limited the scope to only suites. Which is not correct. Similarly the statement about price was incorrect. Prices are not falling where guarantees are introduced.

Both things were said in your post, so it was quoted.

Same.

Ta.