late flight barbados - what to do for the day?

I have never booked a flight back the same day as my cruise, however, for my next cruise virgin have "kindly" :mad: decided to move their flight back from Barbados a day early! so now I fly back at 8pm the day we dis-bark. A bit daunting wondering about all day as I am in a wheelchair so my husband will have me and 2 cases to deal with - Any ideas, when do we have to leave the ship (only sailed RCL and Carnival before and their deadline is mid morning). Last resort we will have to book a hotel for the night and not use it just to put the cases in and change for going home.

When its a Thomson flight you can stay onboard and use all facilities inc the AI until the pick up coach leave's, but when its cruise only I can't help and I have no idea how you handle the luggage situation could be that its the same as cruise and stay which was 1100hrs. Hope all goes well for you.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

I have never booked a flight back the same day as my cruise, however, for my next cruise virgin have "kindly" :mad: decided to move their flight back from Barbados a day early! so now I fly back at 8pm the day we dis-bark. A bit daunting wondering about all day as I am in a wheelchair so my husband will have me and 2 cases to deal with - Any ideas, when do we have to leave the ship (only sailed RCL and Carnival before and their deadline is mid morning). Last resort we will have to book a hotel for the night and not use it just to put the cases in and change for going home.

Hello fragilek

what company are you cruising with and what travel company took your booking, with Virgin they have there own beach were you can relax until you are required to go to the airport, and as .P.C said keep your own cabin until you are called to catch the coach to the airport. or book a coach tour of Barbados called farewell to Barbados, iam sure you will have lot,s of help.

I am cruising with Thomson on the discovery. (1st time with them) but I booked the cruise as a cruise only and used my airmails to book flights with Virgin Atlantic. I was meant to spend an additional night on Barbados after the cruise but I just found out the virgin had moved my flight a day early (didn't even tell me I found out when I logged on to organised my seats). :o They have now refunded my air-miles as a way of an apology as they could see they didn't send an email to inform me of the major change. But it still make the logistics of the last day a bit more difficult.

What is the virgin beach I haven't heard of that. Any idea what happens to the cases if we use this beach.

Thanks for any help.

I am cruising with Thomson on the discovery. (1st time with them) but I booked the cruise as a cruise only and used my airmails to book flights with Virgin Atlantic. I was meant to spend an additional night on Barbados after the cruise but I just found out the virgin had moved my flight a day early (didn't even tell me I found out when I logged on to organised my seats). :o They have now refunded my air-miles as a way of an apology as they could see they didn't send an email to inform me of the major change. But it still make the logistics of the last day a bit more difficult.

What is the virgin beach I haven't heard of that. Any idea what happens to the cases if we use this beach.

Thanks for any help.

Hello again Fragilek looking at the Virgin web site it look,s like its for the carnival facination stay and cruise a package sold by Virgin, i really don,t know, maybe P.C or any helpful cruiser out there could come up with any suggestions.

Updating with what I have found out in case it helps someone in the same boat and they come across this thread.

1. day rooms

Southern Palms $79

Accra beach resort$99

However both can't confirm before 24hrs out

2. day passes-

Accra - $50 pp - includes lunch 1 drink and loungers and towel

Hilton Resort - $60 includes lunch and beach chairs/ towel or $40 no lunch

3. Waiting to here back from Southern Palms to see if they will keep cases if we book the Sunday Lunch with steel band

Thanks for any help

.I believe that Virgin have set up a facility at the Accra beach which isn't too far from the port,for our cruise in December we have booked a night at the Radisson as we have an extra day in Barbados due to itinerary changes this is not with Thomsons though, hope this helps.I think they have a room where they store your luggage

Updating with what I have found out in case it helps someone in the same boat and they come across this thread.

1. day rooms

Southern Palms $79

Accra beach resort$99

However both can't confirm before 24hrs out

2. day passes-

Accra - $50 pp - includes lunch 1 drink and loungers and towel

Hilton Resort - $60 includes lunch and beach chairs/ towel or $40 no lunch

3. Waiting to here back from Southern Palms to see if they will keep cases if we book the Sunday Lunch with steel band

I'm sorry to hear that you have this problem, but your info is useful because we have the same dilemna following a cruise on another line next March. Our agent has booked us a taxi to the airport after the cruise, but the timings will mean about 4 hours at the airport before we can check in for our Virgin flight. The cruise line does do an airport transfer with beach break, but it's subject to minimum numbers and so not guaranteed. How much do you think the taxis from port to hotel, and then hotel to airport, will cost?