Recommendation for Kotor Tour

Afloat

This is another endorsement for Dimitrije of monttravelers. We spent a half day with him in September. He is very personable and was focused on what we wanted to see and learn. We arrived in Kotor with no prior knowledge of Montenegro but left understanding quite a bit of the history and culture while seeing the sights. Our expectations were met and exceeded.

We've just booked a daily tour with Mont Travelers Montenegro Tours agency. Last year, our friends visited Kotor and strongly recommend this port and day tour by http://www.monttravelers.com based on their experience. We have booked for two people a private tour and we believe it will be a fantastic experience. We checked Trip Advisor and last year's CC forums and with the recommendation of friends there is no doubt, they are a great choice. We are in Kotor on May 28th at 7 am Rhapsody Of The Seas. If someone wants to join us, please contact the agency and apply for the 6 hours The Great Montenegro Tour with us - Mr&Ms Baukus.

• 1 month later...
Kotor (in my view) is the "best" port in the Adriatic. The Old City itself is maybe not as impressive as Dubrovnik, but it is lovely on its own merit and the scenery around it is really exceptional. First - don't miss the entrance to the Kotor Bay. It's like a fjord.. and it just gets better and better as the ship approaches the destination. Just beautiful.

Then there is the town itself.. and of course the proximity of other beautiful places around it (Prevost, Budva, Centije and "the scary road" either down or up the mountains; we did it both ways on 2 different occasions!).

So yes - in my opinion - a tour will be well worth the money. This is a great port to do more than just the old town, because - as I mentioned before- there are many beautiful and scenic places so close to it. But of course it's up to you.

As to the cost - it will depend on how many people and with whom you will be going. We paid just now 120 Euro for 6 hours (just the 2 of us, which I consider very reasonable, compared to the price of shore excursions and the prices of tours in other places).

You can choose a longer tour - and/or share it with others (on our 3rd time there, we chose to do it by ourselves).

Now, because a picture is worth 1000 words, here are the links to our photos from all 3 visits there (alas, the album from our last visit isn't ready yet! :o)

This is the newest one (work in process!) :

whatever you decide - enjoy it!

Miriam

Can you tell me which tor guide you used? Thank you! ssandberg at gmail dot com