If you had only one night in Maui, where would you stay?

Breezey

Due to changes in flights, we will be in Maui for one more night (aaahhh!). We got a terrific deal with Embassy Suites through a friend who owns timeshare there but cannot stay the extra night. So I want our last night in Hawaii to be memorable (did I mention we are there for our 30th!!).

Our funds are not unlimited but willing to splurge a bit. Ideas appreciated.

tks :)

Oh what a dilema!! If you want to stay around the Kaanapali area then I would choose 1. The Hyatt, 2. The Westin, 3. The Sheraton,, we have stayed at all three and they are all great hotels in a great location. If you want to try a differant side of the island, then I would go for The Grand Wailea, and if money is no object then splurge on the Four Seasons. You won't go wrong with any of these.

Due to changes in flights, we will be in Maui for one more night (aaahhh!). We got a terrific deal with Embassy Suites through a friend who owns timeshare there but cannot stay the extra night. So I want our last night in Hawaii to be memorable (did I mention we are there for our 30th!!).

Our funds are not unlimited but willing to splurge a bit. Ideas appreciated.

tks :)

Kaanapali side I say HYATT, Wailea side (my favorite) I say Fiarmont Kea Lani, Four Season, or Grand Wailea/ Depends on your budget!:) But all are great ways to end on a high note on Maui!!:D

Having stayed at Hyatt, Grand Wailea, Kea Lani and Four Seasons I must comment ... since it's only for one night you may as well splurge and go for the Four Seasons. You won't want to leave! Avoid the Grand Wailea for sure ... we were just staying next door 2 weeks ago at the Wailea Villas and had access to all the GW facilities - it's completely overrun with wild screaming kids, dirty, crowded and worse than I remembered. I'm neutral on Hyatt and Kea Lani.

Having stayed at Hyatt, Grand Wailea, Kea Lani and Four Seasons I must comment ... since it's only for one night you may as well splurge and go for the Four Seasons. You won't want to leave! Avoid the Grand Wailea for sure ... we were just staying next door 2 weeks ago at the Wailea Villas and had access to all the GW facilities - it's completely overrun with wild screaming kids, dirty, crowded and worse than I remembered. I'm neutral on Hyatt and Kea Lani.

Thanks Seabreeze and all

Sadly Four Seasons has no availability for the dates we need. What's your second choice? We were thinking of the Hyatt

I almost forgot about The Ritz Carlton. They would be my next choice for a one-night splurge. The Hyatt and Kea Lani are just okay - also lots of kids but at least the Kea Lani does have an adult only pool and the rooms are quite large. They receive very mixed reviews however. Check out tripadvisor.com for the real scoop. If you only have the one night then I would guess you would probably stay on site most of the time so the service, spa and restaurants should all be top-notch.

Another thought is to keep checking back with 4S - they have cancellations all the time. We were able to get a room the day we arrived on Maui and just in time to cancel our planned accomodations.

I almost forgot about The Ritz Carlton. They would be my next choice for a one-night splurge. The Hyatt and Kea Lani are just okay - also lots of kids but at least the Kea Lani does have an adult only pool and the rooms are quite large. They receive very mixed reviews however. Check out tripadvisor.com for the real scoop. If you only have the one night then I would guess you would probably stay on site most of the time so the service, spa and restaurants should all be top-notch.

Another thought is to keep checking back with 4S - they have cancellations all the time. We were able to get a room the day we arrived on Maui and just in time to cancel our planned accomodations.

Well thanks but it is done. The Hyatt seemed to get mostly terrific reviews from Trip Advisor who I have used for a long time and seem to always been pretty reliable. Plus being a bit worried (rightfully or not so) after seeing the Four Seasons being sold out and cheapest rooms available at the Hyatt yesterday and when checking today that block has also been sold out. So appreciate all the responses, and I look forward to an amazing day at the Hyatt. Our flight leaves around midnight so are hoping to hang out at the hotel for the day (well as long as they let us). We have an ocean view, full breakfast, life is good.

tks

Well, good luck with that. Not sure you'll have an amazing day at the Hyatt but I know you'd have an amazing day at 4S. It's really worth it to keep checking back.

Well geez thanks. Guess I'll have to be the judge as to my amazing day. Thanks for the opinion and everyone else's which including those who had suggested the Hyatt. :)

Enjoy the brealfast at the Hyatt,it really is spectacular. Also, since you only have one day, the location is close to all of the rest of Kaanapali, the other hotels and the Whalers Village is just a walk down the path, so you can maximize your time, without having to leave the area by car.

Archived