Halong Bay Private Junk Tour?

Classynfun1

Hi all -

We are sailing on the Celebrity Millennium December cruise with an overnight in Halong Bay. Because we do not get in until 12:00pm, X is not doing an overnight or all day junk tour and I am really wanting to do an overnight tour. However, I cannot find a larger junk tour that will allow us to join as they all expect to leave with all passengers on board at the same time we arrive in the Bay. I am now considering chartering one of the smaller one cabin private junks from companies that will allow us to be a little bit flexible with the sail away time for our tour. Of course, we want to be off our ship, on the pier, and beginning our tour ASAP, but I know that it doesn't always work like that.

Can anyone give me the name of vendors that are able to be slightly flexible with their sail away time? Thank you so much in advance!

Sidenote - those on our cruise that booked way before us always scheduled a group of people to charter a larger junk and tour together. That tour filled up before I even booked, so that isn't an option at this time.

Indochina junk has private small overnight junks that can be booked for as few as 2-4 passengers.

I would absolutely look into them. I think they may have what you need.

We are in Halong bay for just a day, no overnight and booked a private junk for just the two of us for the whole day.

My interactions with this company, has to date, been stellar, but have no review on the actual cruise as we are not in Halong Bay until March.

As an update, I contacted Indochina and they told me their 1 cabin junks were only available as a day tour and not an over night tour. I finally found Legend Halong and were able to book a private charter with them. They state that as long as you get the the port by 4:00pm they are good to go for private tours.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As an update, I contacted Indochina and they told me their 1 cabin junks were only available as a day tour and not an over night tour. I finally found Legend Halong and were able to book a private charter with them. They state that as long as you get the the port by 4:00pm they are good to go for private tours.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm glad you found something! I hope you have an amazing experience!

For others who are still doing research, I went back to the website and they do have smaller junks available for overnight, but they are a minimum of 2 cabins.

I obviously did not pay attention to details.....but maybe this info will help someone else on their adventure!

We are overnight with AZ but come in mid day so we booked a full day with Indochina.

We got 12 people from roll call and they are doing a private junk boat tour or us and working with our times.

Bhaya has two boats and both get you in at 10:45 am on the second day. If our roll call, which hasn't started yet, gets rolling with Indochina, we may join that, but if not, we'll still do an overnight with Bhaya. It also looks nice with no worries about not getting back to the ship by 1 pm.

Thank you. That is great advixe for anyone sailing to Halong Bay. Unfortunately, part of my challenge was that those on my roll call have been so proactive for the last 16 months that they booked most of their private charters over a year before I booked the cruise! They are all full, including the Indochina Junk one. In fact, between ours and the Azamara ship, all they gave left now is junks available for day tours only.

So glad I was actually able to find something though. :) Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk