Nobis Hotel: Copenhagen? Or Marriott?

poss

I'm trying to decide between the Nobis and the Marriott Waterfront (want to use either Starwood or Marriott points). We like hotels that are quiet and relaxing as possible. I'm hoping that knowledgeable people can suggest which might best. Thank you. (This will be for 3-nights pre-cruise in June.)

We stayed in the Marriott in 2014 prior to an Azamara cruise. We Loved the hotel location, staff, view, breakfast buffet, walk along the waterfront and an quick evening meal in the lobby pub. It is one of my favorite hotel memories and I would love to stay there again. Have a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I appreciate the two replies, and will keep checking about Nobis. From what I can see from photos of the rooms, I think that Marriott looks more comfortable. E.g., Nobis desk chair has no back-- just a little stool. I also need to find out for sure about the shower situation. Showers that don't have good coverage to keep water INSIDE the shower stall drive me crazy.

My one negative comment would be the tub/shower. Our pictures do not show a curtain. But a towel is visible high on the right edge so a bar or hook is keeping it up there. We can’t remember if there was one. The floor of the tub was at an steeper angle. It was hard to stand in and the only grab bar was to low for tub use. Step in high. I would still stay there again. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. Happy travels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm trying to decide between the Nobis and the Marriott Waterfront (want to use either Starwood or Marriott points). We like hotels that are quiet and relaxing as possible. I'm hoping that knowledgeable people can suggest which might best. Thank you. (This will be for 3-nights pre-cruise in June.)

Was at the Marriott 2 weeks ago. Redeemed 2 rooms with SPG points. Has SPG Gold = Marriot Plat, was given 4PM late checkout no problem. The Executive lounge food and drink was excellent. Free beer/wine in afternoon with shrimp tempura, pate. Breakfast was fantastic as well.

I can only comment about the Marriott. It is a typical Marriott. We thought it was fine and liked the location which is not very far from Tivoli. I would book a rate which includes breakfast.

I don't know anything about the other hotel.

Keith

I much appreciate the various feedback-- really helps. Not surprised not to hear much about Nobis, but will continue to check.

I'm concerned about the tub/shower situation at the Marriott. My elderly husband could not manage what's described. I need to contact the hotel to learn if they have rooms with shower only-- but hopefully not the kind where water goes out to the floor, as seems to happen too often with showers in European hotels.

Thanks again.