Junkanoo beach

Beachgirl676

Has anyone been to Junkanoo beach recently?? I was totally set on visiting in January however now I'm second guessing after everything I've been reading from recent cruisers. Online it looks great and the drink specials can't be beat! But now I have been reading that the beach is loaded with trash and people were not enjoying it. Last time I visited Nassau, I went to cabbage beach and wasn't impressed. The beach is gorgeous however the locals constantly bothering you I could have done without it got frustrating after the 20th time of telling them no thank you. Also it wasn't ideal to swim the rip currents were horrible! I went under once and was tossed and turned around and that was it for me. Can anyone who has visited Junkanoo recently have any insight on this??? What beach do you suggest? Thanks

I was there last year...spent time on the beach...at the bar...and in the water. no problem at all! this is the only beach i go to when there.

Thanks for your reply!! I was thrown off by all the negative reviews I've been reading recently. Hoping more people have had experiences like you!

It's $20....

What's your point? If I had known that before purchasing I would have never bought at cabbage. I wasnt expecting vodka out of water bottles and juice jugs is all I'm saying. Which is why I think I'll try Junkanoo this time simply for the drink specials and variety. But that's what I get for not researching beforehand now I've learned my lesson...

I was there last week. We walked from the ship and landed at Tiki Bikini. Byron and Diva took care of us. For $50 we got 2 lounge chairs, an umbrella, 8 mixed drinks, and 8 shots. Cheap strong rum, rather crowded as there were 4 ships in port, but lots of fun. The water was great and no one bothered you.

I was there last week. We walked from the ship and landed at Tiki Bikini. Byron and Diva took care of us. For $50 we got 2 lounge chairs, an umbrella, 8 mixed drinks, and 8 shots. Cheap strong rum, rather crowded as there were 4 ships in port, but lots of fun. The water was great and no one bothered you.

Can people in your group split those drinks or is specifically only 1 person allowed for that price ? I will have a group of 4 ladies and would prob do 2 of those packages for us 4.

Any pics ?

Also, there is bathrooms there correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is exactly what I was looking for!! Perfect...Thank you:cool:

Since you're going in January, do keep in mind the water tempertures in Nassau that time of year can be quite CHILLY.

Thank you yes that will be new for me as last time I was in Nassau it was August!! Big difference in the water temperature but honestly just looking for a nice fun spot I can chill on the beach and drink:cool:

Thank you yes that will be new for me as last time I was in Nassau it was August!! Big difference in the water temperature but honestly just looking for a nice fun spot I can chill on the beach and drink:cool:

Excellent Plan! :tropical-drink: :beer-toast:

Can people in your group split those drinks or is specifically only 1 person allowed for that price ? I will have a group of 4 ladies and would prob do 2 of those packages for us 4.

Any pics ?

Yes, there are public restrooms.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Forums mobile app

Any pics ?

We always make a stop at Tiki Bikini Hut. Last November, we did two beach chairs, one umbrella, unlimited drinks for two, two meals for $65. Our third person did unlimited soda, one meal and a chair for $35. Negotiate if you can! We'll be back in February and plan to spend the entire day there.....just head that way early if there are several ships in port to get the best spot to sit. And, yes...there are restrooms. Nothing fancy, nothing horrible. They did seem cleaner than in previous visits when we were there last.

IMG_3835SMALL.jpg.079dd06b387e25629b1616c4edaabb55.jpg

IMG_3840SMALL.jpg.bc172b2832786a757ad055aa983e2b57.jpg

IMG_3849SMALL.jpg.7dc521fc97dd1ac643508c270a0611f6.jpg

IMG_3850SMALL.jpg.6df4b8b95839303342260cb942fae77e.jpg

We always make a stop at Tiki Bikini Hut. Last November, we did two beach chairs, one umbrella, unlimited drinks for two, two meals for $65. Our third person did unlimited soda, one meal and a chair for $35. Negotiate if you can! We'll be back in February and plan to spend the entire day there.....just head that way early if there are several ships in port to get the best spot to sit. And, yes...there are restrooms. Nothing fancy, nothing horrible. They did seem cleaner than in previous visits when we were there last.

[ATTACH]411494[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]411495[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]411496[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]411497[/ATTACH]

Thanks!!

I think there is 5 ships in port that day. [emoji30]

How far is this of a walk to Tiki Bikini from the pier? I do have a small mobility issue, just want to make sure it would be doable for me. If it's not within walking distance, does one of the local buses take you their and back? Thank you

Do they have snorkeling?

How far is this of a walk to Tiki Bikini from the pier? I do have a small mobility issue, just want to make sure it would be doable for me. If it's not within walking distance, does one of the local buses take you their and back? Thank you

Do they have snorkeling?

We were there Nov 2015 and took a taxi because our daughter broke her toe the night before we left for the cruise. I can't remember the price, but it wasn't a lot. If she could have walked, I think it would have taken us a 20-30 min to walk it. Don't remember if I saw any snorkeling when we were there.

Byron and his wife were very nice. He gave us 4 free drinks because we said we read about him on Trip Advisor. Granted, the weren't the best of drinks, but we got lots with the pkg we bought, so I kept dumping them until I found one I liked....which was of course the last one I tried.

We sat to the right if you are looking at the water. It was much quieter than the left side that had fun and games going on. One thing that happened that day and we couldn't believe it. Byron was asking the kids to build sand castles for a $100. bill grand prize. I couldn't believe it. We thought the kids would have done it and been excited to win $10. Couldn't believe he gave away $100 for that.

We would go back again.