El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Set sail aboard Royal Caribbean's Ovation of the Seas departing 13th January 2019, for an 8 night South Pacific cruise, cruising Sydney return from only $1399pp, twin share! You will not only save $250pp when booking this deal with Cruise.... you'll also receive receive US$100 onboard credit per stateroom!

Set sail aboard Royal Caribbean's Ovation of the Seas departing 13th January 2019, for an 8 night South Pacific cruise, cruising Sydney return from only $1399pp, twin share! You will not only save $250pp when booking this deal with Cruise.... you'll also receive receive US$100 onboard credit per stateroom!

The bigger ships are certainly keeping the price down.

The bigger ships are certainly keeping the price down.

It's almost $200/person/night, presumably for inside. Not long ago that wouldn't have been thought of as "down."

Yes, you get OBC which is nice, basically $5/person/night, but then prices onboard have also risen so this only reflects the extra cost of a drink a night. Have more than that and you're also paying more onboard, as well as for the cruise.

I agree that it is not that great a deal, in addition I would never book the Ovation to the islands unless I was planning to stay aboard for the entire cruise, as tendering is the norm in the islands and that ship is just far to large for tendering.

I agree that it is not that great a deal, in addition I would never book the Ovation to the islands unless I was planning to stay aboard for the entire cruise, as tendering is the norm in the islands and that ship is just far to large for tendering.

Actually we've just got off Celebrity Solstice (approx 3000 passengers) and I was surprised how efficient the tendering was (ports: 2 tenders & 1 dock). They had a lot of tenders in the water and there were no noticeable delays. Perhaps many fellow Aussies didn't bother getting off as many have been there before and wanted to make the most of the drinks package;p.

Actually we've just got off Celebrity Solstice (approx 3000 passengers) and I was surprised how efficient the tendering was (ports: 2 tenders & 1 dock). They had a lot of tenders in the water and there were no noticeable delays. Perhaps many fellow Aussies didn't bother getting off as many have been there before and wanted to make the most of the drinks package;p.

That is great and I have done the Solstice in the islands and will do it again, I thought they do one of the best jobs out of any ship I have been on in regards to tendering. However, The Ovation would be another 1000 pax and cannot even handle disembarkation onto docks that well.

From a TA on FB:

12 Nights - South Pacific & Fiji

TWIN share from $988pp!

That's JUST $82.33pp/night!

16th January 2018

Carnival Spirit - 12 Nights

Itinerary:

Sydney > Noumea > Mystery Island - Suva - Port Denarau - Isle of Pines - Sydney

I just found this great deal on a USA site.

FAST DEAL #52803

12 nights departing January 29, 2018 on

Celebrity's Celebrity Constellation

Brochure Inside $2,898 Our Inside $1,199 You Save 59% Brochure Oceanview $3,298 Our Oceanview $1,699 You Save 48% Brochure Balcony $8,698 Our Balcony $4,549 You Save 48% Brochure Suite $8,698 Our Suite $4,549 You Save 48% Click for additional rates: Singles Rates

Inside Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $100 per cabin onboard credit.

Oceanview Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $100 per cabin onboard credit plus choose one of the following offers:

1. An additional $300 per cabin onboard credit (for a total per cabin onboard credit of $400), or

2. FREE pre-paid gratuities for two, or

3. A FREE Classic Beverage Package for two, which includes select alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard, or

4. Unlimited Internet access for two.

Balcony Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $100 per cabin onboard credit plus choose one of the following offers:

1. An additional $300 per cabin onboard credit (for a total per cabin onboard credit of $400), or

3. A FREE Classic Beverage Package for two, which includes select alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard, or

Suite Offer! Book select categories and receive ALL of the following amenities:

1. A total of $400 per cabin onboard credit,

2. Pre-paid gratuities for two,

3. A Premium Beverage Package for two, which includes top shelf alcoholic beverages and select non-alcoholic beverages onboard, and

Promotions may not be combinable with all fares.

I just found this great deal on a USA site.

FAST DEAL #52803

12 nights departing January 29, 2018 on

Celebrity's Celebrity Constellation

Brochure Inside $2,898 Our Inside $1,199 You Save 59% Brochure Oceanview $3,298 Our Oceanview $1,699 You Save 48% Brochure Balcony $8,698 Our Balcony $4,549 You Save 48% Brochure Suite $8,698 Our Suite $4,549 You Save 48% Click for additional rates: Singles Rates

Inside Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $100 per cabin onboard credit.

Oceanview Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $100 per cabin onboard credit plus choose one of the following offers:

Balcony Offer! Book select categories and receive a FREE $100 per cabin onboard credit plus choose one of the following offers:

Suite Offer! Book select categories and receive ALL of the following amenities:

1. A total of $400 per cabin onboard credit,

2. Pre-paid gratuities for two,

3. A Premium Beverage Package for two, which includes top shelf alcoholic beverages and select non-alcoholic beverages onboard, and

Promotions may not be combinable with all fares.

What itinerary and is this USA $

Yes $US.

Monday, January 29 Singapore

8:00pm Tuesday, January 30 At Sea

Wednesday, January 31 Ko Samui, Thailand 8:00am 5:00pm Thursday, February 1 Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand 8:00am

Friday, February 2 Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand

Saturday, February 3 Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand

2:00pm Sunday, February 4 At Sea

Monday, February 5 Nha Trang, Vietnam 10:00am 5:00pm Tuesday, February 6 Chan May, Vietnam 11:00am 7:00pm Wednesday, February 7 At Sea

Thursday, February 8 Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam 7:00am 5:00pm Friday, February 9 At Sea

Saturday, February 10 Singapore

Yes $US.

Monday, January 29 Singapore

8:00pm Tuesday, January 30 At Sea

Wednesday, January 31 Ko Samui, Thailand 8:00am 5:00pm Thursday, February 1 Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand 8:00am

Friday, February 2 Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand

Saturday, February 3 Bangkok (Laem Chabang), Thailand

2:00pm Sunday, February 4 At Sea

Monday, February 5 Nha Trang, Vietnam 10:00am 5:00pm Tuesday, February 6 Chan May, Vietnam 11:00am 7:00pm Wednesday, February 7 At Sea

Thursday, February 8 Ho Chi Minh City (Phu My), Vietnam 7:00am 5:00pm Friday, February 9 At Sea

Saturday, February 10 Singapore

Thanks very interesting