Yes Virginia, there is an Upgrade Fairy!

argenta01

I booked the Regal, Feb 11th cruise as an ID guarantee back in November. I had shied away from guarantees due to some less desirable outcomes in the past, but thought this time I would give it another try.

About 5 weeks ago, I got my assignment. I had been upgraded to a sideways IB on Riviera. I was happy.

Last night when I got home, I checked my email only to see one titled "Upgrade Notice for your Feb 11, 2018 Cruise" To my surprise, I had been upgraded to a BE on Baja. I was totally floored! No upsell, a true free upgrade.

It only took 39 previous cruises on Princess to finally score an upgrade!! Could not be happier. :D:ship::tropical-drink:

Only 39 previous cruises, huh? Guess I have about 9 more to go before getting a free upgrade, darn! CONGRATS on a terrific upgrade! :)

Oh Happy Day! Being blessed with an upgrade is like Christmas, Birthday and 4th of July rolled into one!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loyalty pays off, enjoy.

Sometimes. I have seen several cases where a first time passenger has gotten an upgrade including my BIL and myself (lol). I guess they want people to think they will always get one--my BIL thinks that and has on a couple of other first time cruises on a line. Me? 50+ cruises on various lines and that is the only one I have gotten. I think it was because someone wanted my cabin and, if they didn't get it, they would walk as it was one given us at the pier.