Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

Well I am waffling...................may be end of January 2018, unless I get a transfer to another department! If I get the transfer I am in for 3 more years! If no transfer.........................end of January!

Well no more waffling! Retiring from the ER February 2, 2018!! But will be working an "as needed" position with an out patient program:D. Enough to keep me in a "spending funds" with a lot less wear and tear from 12 hour shifts in the ER. Its been a good run, but ready to slow down a bit:D

Retired November 15 this year at the age of 64 and I wonder what took me so long. Could have retire at 62 but did not know what I was going to do with my life. Husband try to get me to retire but no just couldn't make up my mind well I have done it and I am HAPPY. Still have no ideal what I want to do but after 38 year in child care who cares I don't .

I will get my first SS check at the end of March, two days before our Easter cruise. I have about 10 payments left on our 1st mortgage. I am going to use the money from SS to pay it off a few months early. Then by working next school year, I plan to pay off bills so I can retire in June of 2019.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so "happy" for everyone that has just retired, or are counting the months/days until they do. As for me, I turn 75 (they say I act/look 10 years younger) next month, and it is so hard for me to be home, as I have worked from high school on, (only taking off one year when my youngest son was born) until I retired this past February. It doesn't seem possible that it will be a year the end of next month that I have not been working. I am still wanting to work part time, so time will tell.:)

Anyone close to retirement? :)

When do you start counting the days?

8 shifts to go and been counting since I put my papers in - very exciting, can get all the best cruise deals and can go at the drop of a hat 🥂

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I retired almost 3 years ago, but my wife will retire on March 23rd and then we'll board a cruise ship March 30th.

She has worked for the same employer for 44 years, which is almost unheard of these days.

To say she is getting excited would be an understatement.

This is my 30th year in the same school (I work in a private school). My children went to the school. My granddaughter is presently in 1st grade. I have two students in my class that I taught their mothers. The second grade teacher was also one of my students.

I'm just reached my one year milestone on the 31st of January. Hard to believe I found this thread about three years ago...retirement seemed so far off. Not so much anymore. I'll be out of the office in 10 months with the last two spent vacationing. :) I'm booked on the RCCL Anthem Jan 6-18 so far...thinking an NCL cruise in December might also be an option. Or....so many options...

I'm just reached my one year milestone on the 31st of January. Hard to believe I found this thread about three years ago...retirement seemed so far off. Not so much anymore. I'll be out of the office in 10 months with the last two spent vacationing. :) I'm booked on the RCCL Anthem Jan 6-18 so far...thinking an NCL cruise in December might also be an option. Or....so many options...

Congratulations! Great to think you have less than a year to go! :)

My countdown started in August of 2016 when the company I had worked for over 30 years decided my position would be eliminated on 2-1-2018. A co-worker/friend who was also on "the list" and I decided to take a RIF cruise (Reduction In Force - that's what they called it) last February to celebrate the news. We are both now retired and enjoyed the RIF cruise so much we have a Retirement cruise scheduled for this March.

Haven't been at it long enough yet to know if retirement is for me, but early indications look promising.

Just checking in, countdown is at 440 days . I have replaced my cancelled "Retirement cruise" with a new one ( in fact 2 new ones) [emoji16] First one on Equinox and then Adventure of the seas as a side to side spending a night in FLL in between.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just checking in, countdown is at 440 days . I have replaced my cancelled "Retirement cruise" with a new one ( in fact 2 new ones) [emoji16] First one on Equinox and then Adventure of the seas as a side to side spending a night in FLL in between.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love the term "side to side." I have heard of "back to back" but like the idea that going from one ship to another has a different term!

My countdown started in August of 2016 when the company I had worked for over 30 years decided my position would be eliminated on 2-1-2018. A co-worker/friend who was also on "the list" and I decided to take a RIF cruise (Reduction In Force - that's what they called it) last February to celebrate the news. We are both now retired.....

Congrats! Hope you enjoy your new freedom from work and find many blessings ahead! :D

Well, I guess I am getting closer to retirement.

I am a teacher and plan on one more school year. I wanted to go on Symphony of the Seas so we booked it for Oct. of 2019.

Congratulations! A well deserved reward for your years of service!

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread.

Yup, for me 2019 is the year to start a new chapter in my life.

Have not settled on the exact date, it all depends upon which cruise I book to celebrate this mile-stone.

Praying for good health and wise decisions.

Take care.

• 4 weeks later...