Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

Question for those who have already sailed on the Bliss

I have the 4 Meal Specialty Dining Package and am making our reservations. When I choose Ocean Blue there is an $18.00 charge per person even though it would be our fourth restaurant reservation. Is this correct? There is an upcharge for Ocean Blue even with the Dining Package?

I have the 4 Meal Specialty Dining Package and am making our reservations. When I choose Ocean Blue there is an $18.00 charge per person even though it would be our fourth restaurant reservation. Is this correct? There is an upcharge for Ocean Blue even with the Dining Package?

From the NCL FAQ:

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty dining packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: steakhouses, Churrascarias, French, Teppanyaki, Los Lobos, Q Texas Smokehouse, Margaritaville at Sea and Italian restaurants. Guests who have purchased the package may also choose to dine in other select à la carte priced restaurants, entertainment-based restaurants, Bayamo, Pincho Tapas Bar, and Ocean Blue restaurants, for the following per person upcharges:

• Ocean Blue - $10 USD
  • Bayamo - $10 USD
  • Cirque Dreams/Illusionarium - $10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway
  • Sushi -$7 USD
  • Raw Bar - $7 USD (Seafood Platter not included)
  • Pincho Tapas Bar - $7 USD

Terms & Conditions for the SDP are showing different up-charges for the current offers (and match what I paid on a previous offer). With the 20% gratuity it would equal $18 for Ocean Blue and Bayamo:

You may choose to dine in the following venues as part of your Specialty Dining Package for the corresponding upcharges: The Supper Club ($15 USD), For the Record ($15 USD),

Ocean Blue ($15 USD), Bayamo ($15 USD), Cirque Dreams and Illusionarium ($10 USD regular seats/$15 USD premium seats/$35 USD VIP seating on Breakaway), Sushi Bar ($7 USD), Pincho Tapas Bar ($7 USD), and Raw Bar ($7 USD).

Yes. I had a 3-Meal package. I ate at La Cucina and Los Lobos, and was "charged" $0 with the card swipe and then when the card was swiped into Ocean Blue I was charged $18.

Hint hint: Try to use a specialty meal the evening the ship goes to visit a glacier (after Juneau normally). The specialty restaurants all have easy outdoor access so that you can put down your utensils, go and get a picture, and go right back to dining. It worked for me. This is helpful especially if you like to eat early and the ship is only getting to the glacier long after you would have liked to start eating. On the Inaugural Alaskan, I got some quick pics from my balcony as we approached Dawes glacier on June 5, then checked into Ocean Blue without a reservation (everyone was out looking at the glacier), then when we got close enough to the glacier (you can see from the windows) stepped out for a great picture, then went right back to eating!

I’ve seen lots of pictures of seafood buffet. Is that on an speciality dinning or is that any given day at the main dining.

Is it hard to get spot on the prohibition musical? Does the ship has a movie theater?

What is the mood/scenery/ ambience on the Manhattan Room?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question for those who had a non-Haven aft balcony:

Did you have lounge chairs on your balcony? If not, did/could you request them?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

lounge chairs wont fit unless you have an angled balcony.

i believe Large Balconies (B6) and Aft Balconies already come with lounge chairs.

and yes, you can request from your room stewart

Thank you.

We were in aft balcony cabin 12910 on the inaugural Seattle to Alaska cruise. There was not a lounge chair when we arrived but we did request one. Plenty of room for a lounge chair in addition to the two chairs and table already there.

Here is a link to my full review, but here are some photos specifically of the balcony.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644533

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thank you.

We sailed June 16th on the Bliss- we had an Aft Balcony 12312 . there was no lounger so we reached out to our room steward and brought us one. He did ask if we wanted two but it was fine.

We were in aft balcony cabin 12910 on the inaugural Seattle to Alaska cruise. There was not a lounge chair when we arrived but we did request one. Plenty of room for a lounge chair in addition to the two chairs and table already there.

Here is a link to my full review, but here are some photos specifically of the balcony.

Thank you. We were on the same sailing, we had a large balcony, deck 8. Thinking about an aft balcony next time around and I’m glad to see there is room for a lounge chair.

I’ve seen lots of pictures of seafood buffet. Is that on an speciality dinning or is that any given day at the main dining.

Is it hard to get spot on the prohibition musical? Does the ship has a movie theater?

What is the mood/scenery/ ambience on the Manhattan Room?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I believe the seafood buffet is in the buffet. It is not specialty dining nor in the MDR, that I am aware of.

Yes, it is difficult to get into Prohibition...I would try to book it as soon as you board. It is very entertaining (but adults only). No movie theatre but they did show movies under the stars on the big screen by the pool...this was on the Panama Canal cruise...not sure about Alaska.

Manhattan Room is a nicer MDR...larger, more open, ambiance is not much different than the other MDRs, at least not in my experience. We did tend to go there though, just because it was easier to get seated.

Don't know if this as been asked before but does anyone know what time the country music starts in the Q?

sometimes they will start around 9:15 while folks are eating and to urge them to stay. They did on the P Canal cruise mid week.

BTW the waiters are so very very friendly. I went in to sit and wait for show and at least 5 of them as they walked by asked if I wanted a drink or something. Just a really friendly place.

I believe the seafood buffet is in the buffet. It is not specialty dining nor in the MDR, that I am aware of.

Yes, it is difficult to get into Prohibition...I would try to book it as soon as you board. It is very entertaining (but adults only). No movie theatre but they did show movies under the stars on the big screen by the pool...this was on the Panama Canal cruise...not sure about Alaska.

Manhattan Room is a nicer MDR...larger, more open, ambiance is not much different than the other MDRs, at least not in my experience. We did tend to go there though, just because it was easier to get seated.

Movies are in the atrium.

Manhattan is more open, less loud and not so dark .

Seafood is on seaday in buffet ( but no king crab ! )

Anyone aware if there will be babysitting (for a fee) like on the escape? I see guppies nursery listed but only as a 2 hour a day, parent staying, group play setting on the website.

Would love an answer to his question.

Just curious, is there a cut off to purchase the beverage package prior to sailing?

If you want to use the UBP as one of your perks, you need to do that before you board (I want to say no later than 48 hours but could be wrong on the time). But you can buy it for full price (plus 20% gratuity) on board.

Does anyone know if the Manhattan dining room has a live band playing dinner music? On the Escape, they had Jazz, Latin and easy listening type music and people could get up and dance but I thought I read somewhere that Bliss is not doing this.

Thank you.

Does anyone know if the Manhattan dining room has a live band playing dinner music? On the Escape, they had Jazz, Latin and easy listening type music and people could get up and dance but I thought I read somewhere that Bliss is not doing this.

Thank you.

No band on Bliss and no room to dance.