Transportation from Cruise Port in NYC to JFK Airport

We had booked a 12:45 flight after we get off ship in NYC. Princess is now saying that is too early and has cancelled our return shuttle.

What is best way to get back to JFK from the cruise port?

Thanks!

Will your ship dock at Manhattan or Red Hook? It makes a big difference.

From Red Hook, which is most likely, take a taxi to JFK.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you. I will have to check which dock it is.

Assuming your cruise is disembarking in 2018 it will be in Brooklyn, because per the NY port schedule www.nycruise.com all Princess cruises for the remainder of 2018 are docking in Brooklyn.

That having been said, as I posted earlier, for purposes of transportation to JFK taxi, car service, or Uber/Lyft will all work regardless of whether you're docking in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

My recommendation from the above options is to book a car service in advance through Dial 7 www.dial7.com or Carmel Limo www.carmellimo.com . By booking in advance the car will be ready to pick you up when you disembark. Just doing a quick price check it appears that at this time Carmel Limo is cheaper than Dial 7 for this ride.

Edited by njhorseman

Do early self-assist disembarkation and grab a cab. If you return on a Sunday or Saturday and get off with the first wave you should have no problem. We recently returned to Brooklyn on QM2 on a Sunday, off ship by 8:30 and at JFK in less than 45 minutes to catch our 11:45am flight. Cost was $70 plus tip.

We had booked a 12:45 flight after we get off ship in NYC. Princess is now saying that is too early and has cancelled our return shuttle.

What is best way to get back to JFK from the cruise port?

Thanks!

Private car service . Research on CC and I am sure you will find a reputable one.