booking dinner reservation for others

mombaci

We are traveling with another couple and wanted to know if I could book for the both of us. We are the same cabin types. I did this once before but we were all on the same booking itinerary. Our friends were standby but have received notice they are now booked. Booking does not open for a few months, but I wanted to be prepared.

Jim answered you in your other post

But yes just book your reservation then "add a guest" you will need their booking number & will be counted against their allotted reservations

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, BarbaraM said:

What if they are in a lower cabin category?

you  can try when yours is available to book  or you may have to wait until their time slot opens up

You could call Oceania & ask them to link your bookings

I have read reports  where people booked others in the lower Cat when they were doing their early reservations

good luck

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

you  can try when yours is available to book  or you may have to wait until their time slot opens up

You could call Oceania & ask them to link your bookings

I have read reports  where people booked others in the lower Cat when they were doing their early reservations

good luck

FWIW I don't believe that Oceania should allow, nor should we encourage on Cruise Critic getting around the Restaurant Reservation system as doing so diminishes the value of benefits which have been bought and paid for by others.

JMO

8 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

FWIW I don't believe that Oceania should allow, nor should we encourage on Cruise Critic getting around the Restaurant Reservation system as doing so diminishes the value of benefits which have been bought and paid for by others.

JMO

I agree  with you but it happens

Same as people walking up the Specialty restaurants & getting in without  a reservation ..it  happens

Speaking only for myself we weren't trying to game the system.  I usually book a table for 4 even if we are only 2.  When someone from the Roll Call wants to join us I check in to see if we can change the reservation to us 4 rather than the two of us with  an unknown couple.  If they say no, that's fine.  In that case I wait until the other people are eligible to book our reservations.

Mura