Current prices for wine on board (red, bottle only) please?

GeezerCouple

I tend to prefer Cab (if a white, Sauvignon Blanc or maybe if I'm flush Montrachet). The best choice I found on the wines provided in the top suites was the St. Jean which I consider acceptable but certainly not superior. I have to admit that I didn't try many others! I don't pretend to be a "savant" about wines. I like dry, hearty wines in general. I HAVE found wines on the general list that were very nice -- pretty pricey at the time but we were exhausting a lot of OBC so we didn't really care about the price . Even impressed the wine steward once with our choice ... but that wasn't a bottle I'd ever have purchased if *I* were paying for it!

In ordering off the wine list in general I've been lucky -- in that I didn't object to the wine itself, although I certainly would have preferred it to be less expensive. But I'd feel that way in any restaurant where I'm ordering off the wine list.

That's why these days I bring a few bottles on with me ... I like them and I got them at a reasonable price so that the corkage fee doesn't really bother me.

Mura