Bathtub or shower?

MsSoCalCruiser

It is just too expensive for us to consider the big suites so we are going to have to reconsider what to do here about the lack of a tub option. Maybe look at another cruise line where we can afford the larger suite with both a tub and shower.

Princess has tub/shower combos in their minisuites....they have separate tubs and showers in full suites. The Princess minisuites are about the same size as Oceania PH suites...very comfortable.

Yes I have heard the same thing from many people. The PH category is being renovated to remove the tubs. My wife says no tub then no cruise for her. Safety is the thought here from Oceania. It is just too expensive for us to consider the big suites so we are going to have to reconsider what to do here about the lack of a tub option. Maybe look at another cruise line where we can afford the larger suite with both a tub and shower.

Is cruising on Oceania's larger ships not an option for you?

Hello... I'm asking this for a first time Oceania cruiser. They will be on the Sirena. Do you know if PH3 - penthouse suite 8062 has a full-size bathtub or shower? We are looking online and on YouTube and are finding conflicting information. Thank you so much!

Just cruised in 8062 to Cuba. Shower and the bathroom is very small. SallieC

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the Marina in 2016. the bathroom had a separate shower and a tub with a shower. I found the shower very annoying. It was small and you were always under a spray of water. I used the tub to shower. It was partially enclosed with glass and you the tub was high so you really needed to grip on something to safely get out of the tub. I would hope that with the renovations and if a tub is being put into the R ships that they do with the more modern design of low tubs.

I would hope that with the renovations and if a tub is being put into the R ships that they do with the more modern design of low tubs.

They are removing tubs from the R ships in the PH

the lower cabin cat do NOT have tubs

in the larger ships I just push the shower head to flow on the side of the shower stall while shampooing my hair

They are removing tubs from the R ships in the PH

the lower cabin cat do NOT have tubs

in the larger ships I just push the shower head to flow on the side of the shower stall while shampooing my hair

I do the same thing Lyn

It's unfortunate that we are divided amongst those who prefer showers and those who love tubs. It's too bad we can't all be pleased! Well, if you can afford the price of the top suites you CAN have both. But most passengers either can't afford it (or don't want to spend it even if they can) OR those suites were already gone when they booked.

It does bother me a bit that some of the comments seem angry about those who disagree ... I want a tub myself but well understand that others disagree. That doesn't make them bad people.

Mura

Are you saying that Riviera and Marina Are keeping their PH tub and shower option?

I do not think there was any indication that tubs were being removed on the O Class ships AFAIK

Just in the R ships in the PH cabins they were being removed

If you have information that says otherwise I am sure others would be interested

Can't say I mind that the tubs will be replaced. I find it hard on some cruise lines to book a trip due to the fact that my husband cannot get into the tub to shower which limits what staterooms are available. Handicapped rooms book so far out which can be a problem. He's ambulatory but has his limitations.

Sad to report  I just got off Sirena,,,tub gone,of course,,,but shower had slippery tile. Had to literally go inside due to door,,,stand on smooth surface,,and then turn on water and wait in COLD spray,,or hand held till WARM...Not fun and dangerous.Why not rough surface,,at least.No will NOT make anymore reservations on the R ships in future,,only O,,with tub and shower. Booked next on Regent,,where still have CHOICE. Wonder how many cruisers O will lose,,and if they even CARE??

1 hour ago, alexandra cruiser said:

Sad to report  I just got off Sirena,,,tub gone,of course,,,but shower had slippery tile. Had to literally go inside due to door,,,stand on smooth surface,,and then turn on water and wait in COLD spray,,or hand held till WARM

How about just standing on a towel in the shower?

I was on Sirena two years ago but we were in a Vista.  No tub but it was a huge shower so I didn't have to stand under cold water while it warmed up.  Bear in mind I'm a tub fancier so I sympathize with your position.

I'm just wondering if ultimately they will decide to pull the tubs from the "O" ships as well.  They certainly did (or will) in the Vistas on "R" ships given what we had on Sirena in October 2016.

For the tub must-haves, Regent's Explorer has only showers in PHs. That is fine with us. Some other categories may have both, but I haven't been in any of them so I can't say for sure. The shower is reasonably elaborate and there is a bar in one corner that is suitable for leg shaving. Water pressure is excellent.

To me tubs have always been a not perfect idea. Do many people wash and rinse dishes in the same water? After washing in a tub, the bather rises through the same water.

Our next cruise is on Riviera because it is date perfect. The only date perfect cruise I've found for our next big occasion is also on Riviera. It was fun shopping for both cruises. Last time on Marina and Riviera, PHs had tubs and showers.

Mary