Toulon

sueajp

Both are popular. Aix is lovely, I have been there and it would be a good choice, although we took the ship tour as it looked as if public transport options were not frequent.

I have not been to Cassis, I suppose your question could be reworded to be "Is Cassis a good option in late October?" I cannot answer that, maybe others can.

We will be there in early November 2019 and have the same question. However I think we will have a DIY day and take the bus from La Seyne sur Mer to Les Sablettes and then the water taxi ferry to Toulon. Much will depend on the weather as to what we will finally do.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be there in early November 2019 and have the same question. However I think we will have a DIY day and take the bus from La Seyne sur Mer to Les Sablettes and then the water taxi ferry to Toulon. Much will depend on the weather as to what we will finally do.

We were in Toulon in Sept 2018. Although we didn't rush off the ship at first landing - there were NO taxis at the port. It took an hour to get one..... and then it was an Uber as my daughter has the ap.

We then went to les Sabelttes which was lovely! There was a market til 12. The beach is beautiful. scenic and the sea shelves really well for swimming - ie not too deep too quickly. There was a good selection of beach front restaurants and we enjoyed a lovely lunch. Before we returned we made sure we had a gorgeous ice cream from a local maker...... best ice cream ever ! (The shop was on the first road running parallel with the front and before you got to the large beach front hotel.)

We were in Toulon in Sept 2018. Although we didn't rush off the ship at first landing - there were NO taxis at the port. It took an hour to get one..... and then it was an Uber as my daughter has the ap.

We then went to les Sabelttes which was lovely! There was a market til 12. The beach is beautiful. scenic and the sea shelves really well for swimming - ie not too deep too quickly. There was a good selection of beach front restaurants and we enjoyed a lovely lunch. Before we returned we made sure we had a gorgeous ice cream from a local maker...... best ice cream ever ! (The shop was on the first road running parallel with the front and before you got to the large beach front hotel.)

Sounds lovely. All so often we go on a cruise and never walk along a beach; I like to plan one in. Hoping it will be warm enough for a swim in early November....

We will be in Toulon late in October... would anyone recommend Cassis or Aix as a better excursion ...we are on Celebrity if that makes any difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In 2016 we were on a Celebrity T/A that made a port call in Toulon. With some folks on our roll call we had a 8hr tour of Marseille, Aix-en-Provence and Cassis. We enjoyed both Aix and Cassis and I don't think you will regret

whatever choice you make. If you can go see one, both or all 3! :D

In 2016 we were on a Celebrity T/A that made a port call in Toulon. With some folks on our roll call we had a 8hr tour of Marseille, Aix-en-Provence and Cassis. We enjoyed both Aix and Cassis and I don't think you will regret

whatever choice you make. If you can go see one, both or all 3! :D

Thanks all! We finally decided to book the ship tour to Cassis.. appreciate the input.

Sent from my iPad using Forums