Drinks Packages

eliana

We will be new to Oceania and are very confused as to how drinks packages work. We have sailed a lot on Regent and can always order most sorts of beer and wine at lunch and dinner. If we don’t like the wine there is always another to try, and we are not committed to that bottle.

What is the position on Oceania?

The wine list contains a list of wines available by the glass and you have to order one of those. If you don’t like the one you get, there is nothing to stop you ordering another different one. You are allowed as many glasses per meal as you want, provided you can get hold of the wine waiter. Same applies for beer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The wine list contains a list of wines available by the glass and you have to order one of those. If you don’t like the one you get, there is nothing to stop you ordering another different one. You are allowed as many glasses per meal as you want, provided you can get hold of the wine waiter. Same applies for beer.

+1 but this is a description of the basic (sometimes included) "House" drinks Package .

The upgraded "Prestige" drinks Package adds mixed drinks in any location, at any time when a Bar is open on the ship and costs $20 per day more than the House Package. They exclude such extravagances as Louis XIII cognac, but the Prestige Package is very close to an Open Bar concept.

Although Prestige offers more choices, the BASIC difference between the two Packages is that the House Package ONLY allows for service of beer or wine during meals, whereas the Prestige Package is anytime, anywhere.

The wine list contains a list of wines available by the glass and you have to order one of those. If you don’t like the one you get, there is nothing to stop you ordering another different one. You are allowed as many glasses per meal as you want, provided you can get hold of the wine waiter. Same applies for

Does this mean you can try, even drink, as many glasses as you want at each meal.

Does this mean you can try, even drink, as many glasses as you want at each meal.

Yes but you cannot sit in the dining venue for half the day to drink your wine/beer

It is during the meal only for the House Select Package

• For the Brits this is the two packages now.I cannot see the dollar costs on the web site.
  • But as you can see Champagne is also included in the House Select package

• Prestige Select
    Unlimited premium spirits, Champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish
    from £45.99 per guest, per day
  • House Select
    Unlimited Champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner
    from £30.99 per guest, per day

• For the Brits this is the two packages now.I cannot see the dollar costs on the web site.
  • But as you can see Champagne is also included in the House Select package

• Prestige Select
    Unlimited premium spirits, Champagne, wine and beer wherever and whenever you wish
    from £45.99 per guest, per day
  • House Select
    Unlimited Champagne, wine and beer with lunch and dinner
    from £30.99 per guest, per day

it is the same packages for all

the prices are different depending on your Country where it is booked

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked on a cruise 4 November, I have booked excursions/speciality dining , but I'm unable to book a drinks package.

I am well aware that I can book this onboard, but we are in the UK and the STG/USD rate is sinking like a stone . I was hoping to "lock it in" before we leave.

Has anyone pre booked a drinks package?

Thanks

josie

Hi Josie

We always take the drinks package as our O life choice but I have looked at our booking and there isn't the option to book drinks on line.

Have you rang your TA or Oceania who I've always found helpful when they've had the opportunity to relieve me of money:D

Janet

If you are wanting the drinks package, you should do the sums. I think you will find it better value to take the drinks package instead of onboard credit and then just pay the 20 dollars per day to upgrade to the premium package. You can ask your agent to swap it over. Then upgrade on board.

• Like 1

We are booked on a cruise 4 November, I have booked excursions/speciality dining , but I'm unable to book a drinks package.

I am well aware that I can book this onboard, but we are in the UK and the STG/USD rate is sinking like a stone . I was hoping to "lock it in" before we leave.

Has anyone pre booked a drinks package?

Thanks

josie

You have to call to order them

In the future it looks like you will be able to order them online but not until May 2019 by the sounds of it

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2682555

Hi All

I've just called our TA and she has moved us onto the basic drinks package (ie : drinks with meals) All that I have to do is pay the difference and upgrade once on board.

That will work out well on a 25 night cruise .

Thanks everyone for your advice , I'll raise a glass (or two) to you once we are on board

Cheers

Josie

Hi All

I've just called our TA and she has moved us onto the basic drinks package (ie : drinks with meals) All that I have to do is pay the difference and upgrade once on board.

That will work out well on a 25 night cruise .

Thanks everyone for your advice , I'll raise a glass (or two) to you once we are on board

Cheers

Josie

I think we are on the same Amazon cruise - if so, we will be happy to join you raising several glasses ;p

Are softdrinks and Bottled Water free on Oceania? If so even from the mini-bar?

All non alcoholic beverages, including smoothies, and virgin beverages (virgin pina colada..etc), specialty coffee without alcohol, water and soft drinks are complimentary. You can ask your room steward to load your in room refrigerator with the soft drinks of choice.

All non alcoholic beverages, including smoothies, and virgin beverages (virgin pina colada..etc), specialty coffee without alcohol, water and soft drinks are complimentary. You can ask your room steward to load your in room refrigerator with the soft drinks of choice.
Does Oceania offer Pepsi or Coca cola products?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

CocaCola and Schweppes I believe. However, if you ask your TA to contact O before your cruise, you may request other soft drink types. If they can supply it, they will stock your refrigerator with those instead. Never hurts to ask.
Thank you

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I don't drink either of them but we have always had some Coke products in our mini fridge. I believe I recall people asking about Pepsi and I THINK it is not normally provided. But you may be able to request it with adequate notice.

That can depend upon the itinerary of course ... if you are doing a Tahiti cruise you probably couldn't get it. (I'm guessing here!) But if you are in Europe, it might be different.

I doubt they want to order one 6-pack for a ship, however!

Good luck for the drink of your choice being available.

Mura

Some cruise lines require both people in the cabin to purchase the package. Does that also apply to Oceana?

I am not a drinker but my husband is.

Other Lines require dual purchase because they assume that cheating will occur if they allow half of a couple to book the Package.

Oceania treats its' passengers as responsible adults who will resist that temptation. They allow one person to book a Package while the other does not.

Please prove them right in trusting us. :halo: