Transatlantic Questions

Eartha Kitten

Greetings. DH and I are considering the April 2019 Transatlantic on Sirena. We have only been on the Marina and loved that ship. So my questions are:

1. Will we feel as spoiled on the Sirena as we did on the Marina? I believe the Sirena is smaller and older??

2. If you have traveled transatlantic on another line, would you be able to share your experiences?

3. Better to book now or wait until closer to departure date for better pricing?

4. Your recommendations or tips?

Thank you!

1) depends we get good service usually on all O ships big & small

but there are less restaurants on the R ships & the cabins are smaller than on the O class ships

3) depends on if there is still space available sometime the prices go up & not down

our April TA just went up

We have taken several TAs on the "R ships (specifically Regatta and Insignia) and were very happy with the experience. But we started out sailing on the "R" ships and only later tried an "O" ship. If we had started out on Marina rather than Regatta, maybe I'd be disappointed. I don't know the answer to that! But even after sailing on Marina and Riviera, we still love the "R" ships.

We have sailed R and O ships. In 2015, we took Insignia for the second time, from LA to Miami, trans Panama Canal. Although we really enjoyed the cruise, we found our PH disappointing cpmpared to PHs on Marina and Riviera, As real estate, in IMO, both vessels are superior products. However, itinerary is a major factor in our cruise selections, and Insignia was going to the right place. The only way to find out what you really like is through experience.

Mary

Edited by warburg
spacing