Cruise Critic changes

jo-b

I noticed this announcement on the river cruising forum and was surprised no one on here had responded to the notification in the stickies. Having just tried to add a reply I find I am not allowed to reply so that explains why no one here has commented!

I’ve only just recently found the CC app and it has been really easy posting and adding photos during our river cruise, I’m amazed it is now obsolete and not being replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I always use the app. Doubt I shall bother to make the effort to go to the appropriate webpage. Seems a backward step when everything is on an app these days!

Also wonder if they will make the most important change and sort out the idiotic incorrect ports of call designations, where Le Havre for example comes under ‘Med Ports’.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also wonder if they will make the most important change and sort out the idiotic incorrect ports of call designations, where Le Havre for example comes under ‘Med Ports’.

Yes they put it under the France heading ..how silly

Yes, it is indeed very silly. Perhaps you, like Cruise Critic, are unaware that not all of the French coastline is in the Mediterranean.

I am more than aware but it is still in France so maybe rather than confusing people more they did not put it in the British Isles/Western Europe forum

I am more than aware but it is still in France so maybe rather than confusing people more they did not put it in the British Isles/Western Europe forum

No, you are again missing the point. Nothing wrong with having a ‘France’ section, it is putting it under the heading of ‘Mediterranean’ that is wrong.

Dumping the app just sucks out loud. "Mobile versions" of any website are full of problems/shortcomings. The current iOS app (though it has had its hiccups from time to time) is easy to navigate, provides notification badges, avoids website hack/phish/security issues. It only takes one or two visits to the CC website to convince many to switch to the app.

No, you are again missing the point. Nothing wrong with having a ‘France’ section, it is putting it under the heading of ‘Mediterranean’ that is wrong.

I guess it all about how you look at things

I look under the Europe link

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

But it is not a big deal to me

YMMV

here is the announcement

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=51&a=518

Guess we will see what the new forum will be like soon

When I saw this message at the start of each email announcing a post where I was following:

"IMPORTANT INFO! New Community Forums Coming - We will be READ ONLY for a few days starting Tuesday October 9th. "

I assumed it meant the CURRENT CC Forums would be "read only for a few days"... *NOT* that the current ones would be "over and done with, but 'accessible'..."

This presumably means we'll need to toggle back and forth to READ the old posts (especially useful for Roll Calls) and then toggle back to the "new forum" to POST?

Really!?

:mad:

I hope that is not correct!

GC

When I saw this message at the start of each email announcing a post where I was following:

"IMPORTANT INFO! New Community Forums Coming - We will be READ ONLY for a few days starting Tuesday October 9th. "

I assumed it meant the CURRENT CC Forums would be "read only for a few days"... *NOT* that the current ones would be "over and done with, but 'accessible'..."

This presumably means we'll need to toggle back and forth to READ the old posts (especially useful for Roll Calls) and then toggle back to the "new forum" to POST?

Really!?

:mad:

I hope that is not correct!

GC

<<<Our existing forums will become read-only on Tuesday, October 9th at 7:30am ET. We're hoping to re-open for new posts shortly thereafter, with minimal downtime to our members of only a few days.>>>

possibly it will be READ ONLY while they get things organized

NO new posts but you can still read the forums for research

I am guessing of course

<<<Our existing forums will become read-only on Tuesday, October 9th at 7:30am ET. We're hoping to re-open for new posts shortly thereafter, with minimal downtime to our members of only a few days.>>>

possibly it will be READ ONLY while they get things organized

NO new posts but you can still read the forums for research

I am guessing of course

I certainly hope that I misread what was in the link. Keeping fingers crossed...

Thanks.

GC

Dumping the app just sucks out loud. "Mobile versions" of any website are full of problems/shortcomings. The current iOS app (though it has had its hiccups from time to time) is easy to navigate, provides notification badges, avoids website hack/phish/security issues. It only takes one or two visits to the CC website to convince many to switch to the app.

She does not mention Tapatalk. Tapatalk is the mobile app on which the CC app is based. CC app is a clone subset of Tapatalk. If the change means Tapatalk will also not work that will really be bad news.

Stock in CC's parent company (TRIP-N) double-topped at $110 in 2014. While the rest of the market continued to rise, right now the stock is around $50 despite no debt and gross margin of 94%. Only 3 of the 22 analysts who cover the stock rate it a buy.

So there's no guarantee it'll work, but the company is trying to do something new with CC to make more $$$ and eventually re-invigorate the shares.

Perhaps they have no clue that so many of us use only the app. What a shame.

I think they would know. Web servers can provide statistics of how connections are being made.

They didn’t mention Tapatalk so I hope it will still works. Tapatalk is not dependent on one particular type of discussion board backend. I use Tapatalk for five forums and they use different platforms. One of them even has Likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they would know. Web servers can provide statistics of how connections are being made.

They didn’t mention Tapatalk so I hope it will still works. Tapatalk is not dependent on one particular type of discussion board backend. I use Tapatalk for five forums and they use different platforms. One of them even has Likes.

Yes, but Tapatalk requires a plug in api be installed in the back end. Its quite possible this new forum update does not have the TT api ready yet.

Has anyone noticed the message is dated 1/1/1970?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, but Tapatalk requires a plug in api be installed in the back end. Its quite possible this new forum update does not have the TT api ready yet.

Has anyone noticed the message is dated 1/1/1970?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

And the api used by Tapatalk is the same api that the CC app uses. I guess we will find out shortly. [emoji53]

It will be sad if we can’t use our nifty app. If I have to go back to using a web browser my use of CC forums will plummet.