What is your alcohol policy for bringing bottles on board?

DeeniEncinitas

Ok you’ve probably have heard this same question way too many times I know!!

We are doing our first cruise with O. Long time HAL cruiser! 2013 Med Cruise was the last time we could bring as much wine on board. Things changed now One bottle apiece any more corkage fee $20.00 each. No problem. Our Oceania Consultant says we can bring 3 bottles wine champagne. I’ve read here really no rule. Now our O Cruise consultant says now it’s 6 bottles? What is it?

Will exchange our bev package on board for your premium package, but would like an answer for you all!

Thanks

Denise 😊

Ok you’ve probably have heard this same question way too many times I know!!

We are doing our first cruise with O. Long time HAL cruiser! 2013 Med Cruise was the last time we could bring as much wine on board. Things changed now One bottle apiece any more corkage fee $20.00 each. No problem. Our Oceania Consultant says we can bring 3 bottles wine champagne. I’ve read here really no rule. Now our O Cruise consultant says now it’s 6 bottles? What is it?

Will exchange our bev package on board for your premium package, but would like an answer for you all!

Thanks

Denise [emoji4]

The CYA statement in the Oceania T&C recently changed from 3 to 6 bottles. However, it is not "enforced." We will soon sail on Sirena and will bring a case of wine purchased at Total Wine In Miami.

On our recent transpacific we did the same in Sydney (I highly recommend the Australian Wine Center on Pitt Street.

Note that we bring our own collapsible 6-pack carriers in airline checked bags and once filled with wine, we have never been stopped/questioned/whatever when bringing them aboard at embarkation.

The OP was correct in his first sentence, this topic has been beat to death with the exact same responses given each time.

😳 sorry to inform you but I’m a she😉!!

I agree with you, but I’m switching over to O from HAL,

And needed to hear from you! HAL’s rules say one thing and with them it’s a bad of worms.

So as I said much appreciated! Not new to cruising by no means but wanted an idea with O since I am getting back and forth answers from my new Oceania Consultnt!

Denise😊

Yes, it does sound as if your consultant isn't exactly informed about all things Oceania!

Enjoy your champagne ... if you are in Concierge or above you will receive a bottle of bubbly as a welcoming gift -- of varying qualities depending on the level of room!

Mura

Yes, it does sound as if your consultant isn't exactly informed about all things Oceania!

Enjoy your champagne ... if you are in Concierge or above you will receive a bottle of bubbly as a welcoming gift -- of varying qualities depending on the level of room!

Mura

Hi Mura!

In Concierge👍 PH

Denise😊

Thank you for responding too

😳 sorry to inform you but I’m a she😉!!

I agree with you, but I’m switching over to O from HAL,

And needed to hear from you! HAL’s rules say one thing and with them it’s a bad of worms.

So as I said much appreciated! Not new to cruising by no means but wanted an idea with O since I am getting back and forth answers from my new Oceania Consultnt!

Denise😊

There is no going back after sailing on O. We were loyal Cunard and occasional HAL cruisers but one cruise on O changed all that.

The written policy is now 6 bottles but past cruisers know Oceania turns a blind eye (so far) if people bring more

If the cruise consultant works at O they will give you the written policy rules