Desserts for Diabetics

vcdarty

they had a small separate menu on Regatta

Chocolate dessert was listed it looked good one of our tablemates had it

i-Mc63crZ-L.jpg

just ask for the no sugar added menu

not sure what else was on the menu

We’re new to Oceania. Sailing Riviera November, “Balmy Breezes.” Query: what sort of sugar free options might we expect?

There is now a separate list of no-sugar added desserts available. They don’t change daily, but note: one of the daily ice creams is always no-sugar added, and they do a no-sugar added smoothie at Waves. The selection includes cake, pie(usually key lime) and lots of other yummies. You will be happy!

5dd304e14a280c8da6730e29eaae6fab.jpg7c364f66298801944f3aa83f51685398.jpg723722faacf949706f4ccd8acb0b37fe.jpgb0519dd0e2ae339a6bb0fee7dbc4eb81.jpg0f82aca8b31173e6210f85ae64987454.jpg

Pictured here are the chocolate mousse, cheesecake, panna cotta, tartlet with strawberries, and espresso mousse cup. Yummy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I am a biochemist and my husband is a diabetic,so I was intrigued by the sugar-free desserts on our Oceania cruises.  I tasted the sugar free lemon meringue pie and it tasted like real sugar.  I spoke to the Executive Chef and he said that they don't add sugar to the desserts - that is sucrose.  But they use other sweeteners (not artificial), in this case High Fructose Corn Syrup that gives the great taste.  These should have the same effect on a diabetic as table sugar.  When I raised this issue, he said, well, they are on vacation and shouldn't worry about it.  I found this very disingenuous.  If you are diabetic, check it out for yourself.