Future new terminals in Galveston?

Bevv

There will be a smaller Class RCL ship sharing Terminal #3 with The Oasis Class ship.

Celebrity or Royal ?

I would imagine that would be Enchantment of the Seas or its replacement. RCCL will have a second ship in Galveston full-time beginning in March, 2019 with the Vision of the Seas. Later in the year the Enchantment will become its replacement.

If anyone hears about a repositioning or transatlantic for the new Oasis class ship coming to Galveston, please post. We will be booking ASAP. I’m always the last to know.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Symphony of the Seas will be the next Trans-Atlantic crossing but that is just a month away. It will homeport in Miami. I do not know if they have begun construction for another one at this point. Symphony of course is the newest ship.

If anyone hears about a repositioning or transatlantic for the new Oasis class ship coming to Galveston, please post. We will be booking ASAP. I’m always the last to know.

Margee

Hi Margee

As of now, last scheduled day for Liberty in Galveston is May 3 , 2020.

Lee and Mary

Hi, Lee and Mary

Are you saying the new Oasis class would be coming in May 2020 too? I was hoping for another transatlantic or repositioning. They may just move one of the Florida-based ships over. Whatever happens I want to be in on it[emoji16][emoji16]

Margee

Hi, Lee and Mary

Are you saying the new Oasis class would be coming in May 2020 too? I was hoping for another transatlantic or repositioning. They may just move one of the Florida-based ships over. Whatever happens I want to be in on it[emoji16][emoji16]

Margee

I don't believe there are any more ships currently under construction and not enough time to build one between now and Summer 2020. I did just learn the Vision of the Seas will be departing Galveston on 19 April for an Atlantic crossing.

Hi, Lee and Mary

Margee

Hi Margee:

That's the plan. Port signed an agreement with RCI last week. It will be an Oasis class coming to Galveston

Mary

Quotes about a week ago from Port Executive Director who was hired recently from Port Canaveral to achieve similar goals in Galveston as he did in Port Canaveral.

“When I think about the Vista coming in, it’s the first stage of the expansion of the cruise business in Galveston,” Director Rodger Rees said. “Coupled with the Oasis-class ship coming in, it shows the market can sustain the passenger counts we need and it will allow the port to really start looking forward.” The Carnival Vista Carnival Vista, which debuted in Miami in 2017, has room for about 4,000 passengers. It's 50 feet longer than the Breeze, so the port had to make some room. “We had to expand the upper floor , luckily we can use the same gangway we had before," Rees said. The port also added an extra entrance to their terminal and a longer dock, just to fit the sheer size of the ship. The ship will offer two seven-day Caribbean trips, departing each Sunday. The first includes calls at Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The other trip includes stops at Mahogany Bay, Belize and Cozumel. The port is hoping this new ship helps sets them up to welcome more cruise lines in the future. “We’re fourth in the United States, and 12th in the world, and growing. We have another cruise terminal on the horizon," Rees said.

Galveston Daily News.

Edited by ssb

Captain on Liberty during Captains Corner get together, said Liberty leaving Galveston May 3 2020 and plans are still for an Oasis Class ship coming into Galveston. Captain also said it informally another time on this weeks Liberty cruise .

Correction on Liberty and other information as of today September 26, 2018 according to RCL Website:

First day for Vision is March 11, 2019 from New Orleans

Last day for Vision is April 19, 2019. Trans Atlantic

First day for Enchantment is May 6, 2019 from Port Canaveral

Last day for Enchantment is April 27, 2020.

Last day for Liberty is April 26, 2020.

• 3 weeks later...

From 10/7 Liberty Galveston cruise review

Capt. Anders confirmed Oasis will be coming to Galveston in 2020.  New class of ships to come named Icon.  Smaller than Oasis, larger than freedom. 

Now if we can just convince them that there are other destinations than Mexico, Roatan, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Belize. Oh, and the Bahamas. Almost forgot them since they’re so forgettable. Perhaps teach the RCI folks to count past 7. I know, I know, the ships sail full and vacation time and bla bla bla.  How about just 2 different 10 or 11 night trips a year?  Hey, I can dream.  

39 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Now if we can just convince them that there are other destinations than Mexico, Roatan, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Belize. Oh, and the Bahamas. Almost forgot them since they’re so forgettable. Perhaps teach the RCI folks to count past 7. I know, I know, the ships sail full and vacation time and bla bla bla.  How about just 2 different 10 or 11 night trips a year?  Hey, I can dream.  

I agree!!  They can sail 7 nights the majority of the time, but throw in a few longer cruises a few times a year.  And some different port options would be great!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 6:11 AM, lifes-a-beach said:

We're probably losing a port. Grand Cayman. If I remember correctly, Oasis class ships don't tender and the Cayman Islands is a tender port.

Since the 20-21 schedules for Caribbean are supposed to be out on Dec. 10, we should know then what ship will be in Galveston in the future. Hoping it is not an older, smaller ship. Any news of how the proposed third terminal is coming along?

On 11/12/2018 at 3:30 PM, 39august said:

Since the 20-21 schedules for Caribbean are supposed to be out on Dec. 10, we should know then what ship will be in Galveston in the future. Hoping it is not an older, smaller ship. Any news of how the proposed third terminal is coming along?

Everything is progressing. 

Galveston RCL Ships according to present schedules: 

First day for Vision is March 11, 2019 from New Orleans 

Last day for Vision is April 19, 2019. Trans Atlantic 

First day for Enchantment is May 6, 2019 from Florida 

Last day for Enchantment is April 27, 2020. 

Last day for Liberty is April 26, 2020.

• Thanks 1