Blue lagoon reykjavik - just want to have a look

My husband and I will be in Reykjavik next summer, and we would like to see the Blue Lagoon. We are not going to get into the lagoon, but simply want to take a look. Are we still required to book tickets for entry if we are not going to "swim," and only want to see it and take a few photos?

Thanks,

Shelley

If you're not flying in/out of Keflavik, the Blue Lagoon is a rather long roundtrip from downtown Reykjavik. Personally, I'm not sure it's worth the trip, considering it's just the result of the run-off from the nearby power plant (not a natural phenomenon).

We were on a private tour with "Your Day Tours" the Blue Lagoon was just one of our stops...after seeing it we opted to sit and have lunch instead (some from our roll call went in the lagoon)...no one seemed that impressed...I certainly wouldn't drive that far to get a look at this at all.

Agreed. I loved being in the water. It's steamy, you're toasty warm while the cool breeze is riffling thru your hair. Without that experience, it's just a big blue pool. Just seeing it, that you can do online. Use your limited time in Iceland somewhere else. It's not really near anything, so you have to go out of your way.

There is a small path around the perimeter (you can't see in from there), but in the awesome landscape that is Iceland, it's not all that amazing.

Thank you for your honesty about the Blue Lagoon. I doubt we will spend the time driving there. I agree that there are so many incredible sights in Iceland. This is our second trip to Iceland, and I felt we should see the Blue Lagoon since we didn't go there on our first trip. Sounds like it's an easy miss if we're not going in the water.

Thanks,

Shelley