Touring independently in St Petersburg

I had an amazing three-day tour with TJ Travel, and I wrote a story about things to consider when planning an independent (private or group) tour in SPB. You can find the story here, and I'm happy to answer questions about the experience, too.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1304

Appreciate your thoughts and experiences. Exactly why we chose TJ for our upcoming SPB tour. Thank you very much:)

You won’t be disappointed. We had a fantastic experience with TJ, we had a private tour for our family of 4. A splurge that was worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done the 2 day "all inclusive" TJ Tours twice now - once was 8 years ago and this time only a couple of months ago. We HIGHLY recommend them. On both occasions we were cruising with Cunard line.

We chose TJ Travel for our 2-day shore excursion in July. Ours was a "small" group of 14. The guide and driver were excellent. We were very pleased with the excellent knowledge provided by our guide, Elena. Tatyana from TJ Travel was a pleasure to work with. Our experience with them was our best shore visit on our cruise. I will definitely use them again.

Our family of three just finished a Baltic cruise last month on NCL Breakaway. We joined a small group tour with TJ Travel and very pleased. The two-day shore excursion included all major sites in St Petersburg. Our guide Svetlana (group 55) and driver were very professional and made our tour easy and interesting. Plus, TJ Travel also do tours in other Baltic ports, so you can order a package to include any ports you want. The price they charge is quite reasonable and the experience will be much better than you get from the cruise ship provided tours.