Anyone doing a Baltic cruise NEXT summer (2019)?

lamb616

We just booked NCL Getaway 9 day Baltic embarking on July 22. Like most of our vacations I feel like I will be planning this alone, we just returned from our second cruise to Alaska and planned that one alone too. It's very stressful for me to be the sole planner. [emoji53]

Edited by sctexan

We are also on the Explorer of the Seas 7/7 Baltic cruise. Still looking for good airfare out of Florida. We'll be sailing with our best friends (group of 5 altogether). We probably know what we are doing in St. Petersburg, but the rest of the ports have yet to be determined. We have a wide range of interests, so who knows. We tend to do things on our own rather than with ship's tours, though.

We are also on the Explorer of the Seas 7/7 Baltic cruise. Still looking for good airfare out of Florida. We'll be sailing with our best friends (group of 5 altogether). We probably know what we are doing in St. Petersburg, but the rest of the ports have yet to be determined. We have a wide range of interests, so who knows. We tend to do things on our own rather than with ship's tours, though.
we have a roll call thread going, check it out!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

They just buy bus tours from an ex-Soviet company Arctur. Many of their guides are 10 years past retirement age. Does anyone have a reason to pay that much for less?

To be fair, I've visited SPB twice this year, 9 nights and 3 nights, small groups both times, and we used Arctur on both occasions - 6 different guides. They were all great - and, interestingly, it was the ones that are past retirement age that were our favorites, especially for info-heavy tours like the Hermitage, Catherine's Palace, or Russian museum.

But yes, I agree - those same tours wrapped into a 50-pax "seasoned traveler" bus would've likely been less enjoyable.

I just booked the 12 day Baltic on RCCL Brilliance of the Seas leaving on August 11, 2019. I've yet to visit that part of Europe, or anywhere in Russia, for that matter! Really looking forward to sailing the Baltic.

We are booked on a 12 day cruise on the Oceania Marina from Southampton to Stockholm, leaving June 2 with 3 days in SPB and 6 other ports of call. We will spend 2 nights pre- cruise in London and 2 nights post-cruise in Stockholm before a very early flight home.

My family and I —me, husband, son (17) and daughter (13) — will be on the Brillance of the Seas sailing from Amsterdam on Jun 24, 2019. This is my son’s senior trip and he got to choose the itinerary. Both my kids are history and culture fans, so they are excited for the ports.

Our family with our 17 year old daughter will be on the Brillance on June 24,2019.This is our daughters graduation trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our family with our 17 year old daughter will be on the Brillance on June 24,2019.This is our daughters graduation trip!

We’ll have to throw a graduation party! :D

Sounds like a great idea!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t see anyone on this thread on our ship, we are booked on Regent Seven Seas Explorer (small ship, our favorite kind) for Aug 30/19, Stockholm to Southampton. We really hate the huge ships and their crowds, so once we tried Regent, we never looked back (used to sail HAL). Always wanted to do the northern countries, and 3 days in St.Petersburg got our attention. Going into Stockholm 3 days early so searching these boards for things to do there. My DH does get involved in the pre-planning to a point, but I do all the research. Then he picks what HE wants! LOL

Going into Stockholm 3 days early so searching these boards for things to do there.

My DH does get involved in the pre-planning to a point, but I do all the research. Then he picks what HE wants! LOL

Unfortunately mods locked my thread but the information is still valid for the most part.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2312690

Two new new attractions the past year are Bergrummet Toy museum (Skeppsholmen) and

Vikingaliv Viking Museum (Djurgården, close to Vasa).

Just booked Serenade of the Seas back to back 5-19-19(Scandinavia / Russia) and 5-26-19 (Norway)

Starting to plan!

How far out do you usually book airfare??

I have a Baltic cruise planned for June 2019 and have already booked the airfare. We used FF miles for business class and booked it the first day that it was available, which for United is 11 months. Perhaps someone else can say something about when to book if you're actually paying money for the airfare. I'd start looking now though.

We are booked on the Serenade of the Seas for July 14. This is one son's choice. He really wants to visit Russia but I was not sure about spending a week plus there. His twin chose to go to Germany for ten days this summer so won't be joining us on this one. They will graduate high school May 2020 so we are doing senior trips early.

I am talking with a couple of private companies for tours in St. Petersburg. May use the same company in our other ports too.

Sounds like there is usually one planner in every group/family and the others just kind of go along for the ride. I did make L go through my list of ideas and choose what he wants to see. We will be doing a lot of Russian history.

I am talking with a couple of private companies for tours in St. Petersburg. May use the same company in our other ports too.

I'd like to use the same company for several ports too so if you find good ones, let us know. I think Alla & TJ both have some good options. Not sure of any other companies.

We are booked on RC Serenade of the Seas 6/20/19 Baltic cruise. Already booked our airfare too.. Trying to decide between Alla Tours and TJ Travel and will most likely book them for the St. Petersburg/Moscow 3 day tour, along with the Berlin tour and maybe Stockholm and Helsinki too. Anyone else on that sailing that might be interested in the Moscow trip? I'm not sure, but I don't think the tour guide accompanies you on the train ride... which makes me a little bit nervous considering we won't have official visas since we are on a tour... It would make me feel better if I knew there would be some more tourists on the train with us!

We are booked on RC Serenade of the Seas 6/20/19 Baltic cruise. Already booked our airfare too.. Trying to decide between Alla Tours and TJ Travel and will most likely book them for the St. Petersburg/Moscow 3 day tour, along with the Berlin tour and maybe Stockholm and Helsinki too. Anyone else on that sailing that might be interested in the Moscow trip? I'm not sure, but I don't think the tour guide accompanies you on the train ride... which makes me a little bit nervous considering we won't have official visas since we are on a tour... It would make me feel better if I knew there would be some more tourists on the train with us!

On the roll call for seranade of seas 26 may there are people that are also on your cruise:)

Hello We are booked on this sailing also. Do you mind me asking from where are you flying and which plane company you picked? I am in the process of looking at plane fares from NYC. Thank you

Edited by zumbagold
Added another question

Zumbagold, we live in Georgia, but the best airfare I found was from JFK to CPH, and then ARN back to JFK. We are flying on the Delta nonstop flight to Copenhagen.. I think it leaves around 9:30 pm. Then we are on the 12:40 flight from Stockholm to Paris, then back to JFK arriving around 7:00 pm. We were able to get Delta Comfort on the way to Copenhagen and Premium Economy on the way home..which isn’t as nice as business class, but better than regular economy. It says there are still 2 seats available on that flight, so maybe you can get on it too.... Looking forward to seeing you on the ship!