Potential strike in Copenhagen's canal tours and HOHO-busses from August 21st

The employees in Strömma's canal tours have been trying to negotiate a collective agreement (through their union) with their employer, but so far with no result. (The employees argue that Strömma just want to buy time until the Summer is over and the employees end their contracts)

Therefore the union, according to Danish media, has issued a conflict warning (2 week notice). Other Strömma (and 'Canal Tours') employees have said they will go on sympathy strike with the canal tours employees in case of a strike. So this could potentially affect/cancel all of Strömma's tourism-related products in Copenhagen: Ho-ho busses ('CitySightseeing'), excursions etc. See http://www.stromma.dk/en for what they offer.

The strike can still be called off if the parties reach an agreement or are in productive negotiations.

There is another company offering canal tours: https://www.havnerundfart.dk/

And there are also another company offering Ho-ho busses: https://www.redbuses.com/our-tours/copenhagen-hop-hop-off-tour/

Note that some of Strömma's products are included in the Copenhagen Card.

I will update if there is any development.

I don't work in the tourism industry, I just paraphrased this from the Danish media.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on the dates.

According to the union HK, potential strike among the personel without collective agreements (mainly guides, sales persons etc) working for Strömma may start on August 23rd.

Sympathy strikes among other personnel groups (e.g. bus drivers) in Strömma may begin on August 30th.

Ugh! Just booked "Hey Captain" canal cruise on 8/25 for my family last week! Hopefully strike will be averted, as we were also going to do the HoHo bus on 8/26!

Hey Captain is not part of Stromma so that part of the trip should not be in risk.

Hey Captain is not part of Stromma so that part of the trip should not be in risk.

DV - thanks so much for jumping in. That is great news! I am not too worried about the hoho bus, as we love walking, and can cover many of the things we want to see that way.

DV - thanks so much for jumping in. That is great news! I am not too worried about the hoho bus, as we love walking, and can cover many of the things we want to see that way.

Another option if you are planning on using a lot of public transportation (which is excellent in Copenhagen) might be a 24 hour city pass which will let you ride the metro bus and train and to the airport, or if you will be visiting a lot of museums and tivoli gardens a 24 hour copenhagen card which covers both public transport and a lot of museums.

Thanks to the OP for keeping everyone posted.

Great to hear the potential strike was settled, and with good results, on top of it! Thank you for the update. Leaving for your beautiful city Friday night, arriving Saturday morning, heading to the Admiral Copenhagen, with Hey Captain booked for that afternoon. Sunday planning hop on, hop off, Tivoli, walking all over, and Monday boarding Breakaway for our cruise. Can't wait!